IGNORED

From the Atari to the Xbox: a Descent Into Console Hell

NE146

hahahahaha

this is sooo true

The 5200 came with an unbelievable TWO buttons on the controller, a feature that would've added unparalleled gameplay to any title if some engineer at Atari would've ever figured out how to make the buttons actually fucking work. The Atari 5200 joysticks were designed to break and lock up when exposed to oxygen, allowing only astronauts or Michael Jackson to successfully use them.

While I liked the article over all, I didn't like it when they were ragging on Sonic. Sonic the Hedgehog was and still is one of my favorite games. I used to play that thing for hours when it came out. Thank goodness now for emulation so that I can save the "nice" ending and look at it without having to play 2 hours at a time.

That would explain the look on my coworkers' faces when I use several "colorful metaphors" while programming.  :ponder:

This should probably be in my signature somewhere...

Dr. Gillian Taylor: So you're from outer space?  

Kirk: No, I'm from Iowa. I only work in outer space.  

Damn this is funny!  But that guy in the screenshot of "The Princess is North" looks like a Swedish tuba player I went to college with.  Creepy!

Hee hee, yeah, I think that would make a good game too :D

I'm surprised he didn't mention reading an instruction (book) manual for some of the games that are like 200 pages long...

Where's the article?

I clock on the news forum on the side, then January 2003, then the title of the article "Atari to Xbox etc." and thus it goes to a page with a huge fat kid with his shirt off and lots of stretch marks on his belly and it says page error. I refuse to look at that kid again :x :D

-- RG