IGNORED

CC3 Finally sold out

I'm waiting for the Collector's Edition.

<snip>

Same here ... thought about buying a play and a collect, but I have a wife and can only justify one so waiting for the Collector's Edition.

Yeah, me too. I'm not going to buy a loose cartridge when a boxed version will become available. I'm excited for it, though.

As stated just a few posts above this, the box and will be made available for sale individually to complete the "collectors edition"... not sure I get the reasoning to wait but to each their own

As for the $150 for the CC3.. yep that was a chunk to lay down, but anyone who owns another muti-cart can verify, it is awesome and probably worth more than the asking price. Hopefully folks waiting around won't change the initial business plans at Elektronite on their decision to only publish Intellivision games in the beginning ....

• 1 month later...

I bought one earlier in the year. Frankly, I didn't know these were available at all, until not too long ago. I know I'm clueless, but it seems there's a need to promote this stuff a little bit more. I'd have had one earlier!

I had no idea they were almost all gone.

• 2 months later...

I am in the same boat, I hemmed and hawed about it for quite a while and then this year when I heard I was getting a bonus at work I finally had the money and they had just sold out! That is what I get for procrastination.

Too bad we could not do a kickstarter to see if there was interest to do another round of CC3 or something similar.

Add another idiot to the "That's alot of money, maybe I shouldn't, no wait it's gone, I want one!" crowd. :_(

Not so much to play normal games but, as I try to fiddle around with programming a game, it would be nice to see my experiments on an actual system!

Edited by Fushek

Seconded on the kick starter run. Especially if they decided to partnered up with someone to do a repro set of the overlays, since I think that was always the Achilles heel of the intellivision vs other multi carts.

The problem is, you could put on the CC3 whatever you want. What overlays should be included?

It's strange, people put this off for years cause they can't afford it, or think it will always be around, or are not interested. The guy finally sells out -- I bought one of the last copies which I sent on to a AA member in England -- and now everyone is coming out of the wood work saying 'I want one!'. The guy who made these has to be wondering WTF is going on here. :P

• Like 3

That seems to be the mentality. We only made 50 copies of Minehunter available in the first run, and they were claimed in hours.....

I still have people waiting to get copies of D2K........if they knew how few were left, I would probably have a run on them! One guy emailed me saying that he wanted to wait for the box for D1K to come out before he purchased D2K because he wanted to 'save on shipping'......and was worried that my numbers of D2K were dwindling..........well, if we don't get the support for D2K, it becomes less likely that I will print boxes for D1K!

I am not trying to make artificial shortages......I want to supply EVERYONE who wants a copy of an Elektronite game a copy.......however, if we don't get support, we won't be continuing to make games.

I think in the future, to encourage people to buy when the games become available, rather than wait, we are going to reward the first purchasers with a discount....Minehunter is $55 US, but I have decided to raise the price to $60 US after a month or so of general availability of the game.....probably will be mid-November......the game should be in wide release sometime mid-October......

• Like 1

The real point is that you have a (what was it before?) 175$ Product. Some people think that's too expensive. Then it sells out, and people start reselling for 300. Those same people think that is too expensive, and want more at the original price.

What needs to happen is the original producer to drop a few into the market at that 300$ price, and really screw with people.

While I admit, I *want* all these nice homebrew, and flash cards, I don't have the cash. Just aint happening. When they go up in price, I still won't have the cash, and if they came back out on the same level as original... I still won't have the cash. Will some people? Indubitably.

I don't think any homebrew/flashcard creator is guilty of artificial shortage, It's just not smart to put together more carts than demand. It costs too darned much, and unless you DO create an artificial shortage, you aren't going to make your money back without scalping your own product.

jm2c

Just to be clear, I do not and did not have anything to do with the CC3.

I think that Joe may make a new Flash Cart in the future, but has too much on the go at the moment.

Certainly, we will distribute them if he does. I would like to see them under 100 dollars myself....but that remains to be seen.

I know that as I continue to sell D2K, that I am finding more and more customers who knew nothing of D2K when it was first announced, before it was available in cart for sale.

Given how many we have sold in the 2 months since the box version has been available, we have not done badly at all. The more we sell, the more stable the finances, and the longer we can sell titles....

We don't want to be involved in scalping, trying to milk money out of a title....the moment I see D2K going for 200 plus dollars on ebay, is the moment that I start making more copies available.....however, I don't want to be sitting on a large number of them either.

I wasn't sure where to post this so here is good. Was anybody aware of this Intellivision dumping adapter? Wasn't sure if this was old news or not.

Scroll down a little to see it.

http://www.atarimax..../documentation/

What is a dumping adapter? Sounds dirty :woozy: Seriously though, I really don't know.