IGNORED

Ok better watch those negative feedbacks!

oesii

Dammit! I was racing over here to post that same link! Think I'll go leave oesii some negative FB....  :D

lol, I was convinced it was already posted in off-topic or something but I didn't see it. I check my Yahoo mail regularly and saw this pop up on their headlines so I thought it would already be here too :)

A great idea for ebay is to not post the feedback until the both the buyer and seller have filled it out.

Interesting idea. This could result in less overall feedback being posted if only one party leaves feedback, or more overall feedback if it encourages people to leave feedback knowing they won't get any in return if they don't leave it.

However, if someone *has* been burned by a seller (for example), that seller would be stupid to leave feedback for the other person knowing they'll probably receive a negative. This would probably mean we'd see less negative feedback when sellers (or buyers) are worried that the other party might leave negative feedback for them.

I don't know if there's a simple solution to the feedback problem..

..Al

I don't see how the guy came up with the 2.5 million dollar figure. Well, I guess the lawyers did.

Maybe this is a little off the subject, but if a buyer wins 5 of my auctions and then posts 5 positive feedbacks for me, why does it only count for 1 in my feedback rating? What's the reasoning behind that?

I don't see how the guy came up with the 2.5 million dollar figure.  Well, I guess the lawyers did.

Maybe this is a little off the subject, but if a buyer wins 5 of my auctions and then posts 5 positive feedbacks for me, why does it only count for 1 in my feedback rating?  What's the reasoning behind that?

It prevents 'selling' feedback. Otherwise I could buy 1000 items from you at .01 cent apiece and give you 1,000 feedback. And don't think feedback selling doesn't happen already.