IGNORED

Super Action Controller alternative to the white ring

So.. I pick up a couple super action controllers today and I want to clean them before even trying them.

I can't figure out how to open, and google... lo and behold.... Yurkie's post!

He mentions a white ring that usually has broken posts...

Well.. both of my controllers broken... one only had 2 of the 8 and the other had 5.

My question is... has anyone found an alternative to this white ring to press the contacts??

I thought about breaking the remaining posts and putting the white ring center back in to rest the joystick on.. then superglue "something" to the top black that used to touch the ring and see if that would press the contact...

Another case of I wish i would have seen Yurkie's post first!

No suggestions so I'm experimenting.. manually pushing contacts works...

Try 1.. felt pads (no glue for now.. just using the sticky backing)

Not thick enough to push the contacts.... thought of using felt to avoid contact damage.

post-31092-0-12611000-1337043806_thumb.jpg

I've got some rubber parts I'm going to try next.. but I might take it to a guy that builds/mods controllers and see what he thinks.

I was too tired to cut with Xacto last night to size right but just sticking it on one contact uncut and moving the joystick seemed to get the required pressure.

Would be nice to find a way to rescue broken white ring SAC's

Was hoping eColeco might have the rings but didnt' see it in the part listing.

SACs are super cheaply built. Screws often strip out just taking them a part. I don't think anything other than a donor white piece from another controller would work.

• 2 weeks later...

SACs are super cheaply built. Screws often strip out just taking them a part. I don't think anything other than a donor white piece from another controller would work.

I know I'm a little late to the conversation, but couldn't you just fill the holes in with epoxy and then re-drill the hole so the screws would work again? You would just need a drill bit that is one size smaller than the treads on the screw. This is a trick I've done with other plastic parts I had to repair.

As for the white piece, Would it be possible to mold the white piece and pour a new one? There is a guy over in the Jag section that is casting his own controller shells. You could use the same technique to reproduce the white piece in the SACs. Just a thought. Here's the link: Replacement Jag Controller Buttons