IGNORED

New Pitfall?

I don't like the Sega arcade Pitfall II either. I have it on Mame. My kid plays it and he's good at it too.

But I did VERY MUCH enjoy the Genesis / Sega CD Pitfall: The Mayan Adventures game. It's 2D, it's got loads of great platforming, good music and excellent animation. Try it out!

Pitfall: The Myan Adventure on the Jaguar(SNES, PC, Genesis) was a good game. I never played the PSX Pitfall, but I heard it was fairly bad and I remember it got bad reviews back in the day.

The new Rygar made it to 3-D in style and is a great game. Maybe there is hope for Harry in 3-D.

The problem with new versions of old games is that the old games that we love were basically the seeds of all games we know today anyway.

You can't update any of these games and make them any different to anything else in their genre.

A new Pitfall would be - ANY platform game just as any shoot em up could claim to be a new Space War.

There are one or two exceptions, such as Frogger or Pacman which were just as iconic for the characters you used as the task undertaken.

I challenge anyone to come up with an update to, say, Berzerk and not have it looking exactly like Quake.

Mayan Adventure was fantastic...animation, difficulty, and the original hidden in the game.

Ooh! I'll have to find that. (Not that I don't already own several versions of the original Pitfall. :roll: )

I couldn't really get into this game either, but it's not as bad as some of the other "sequels".

What we really need is a Pitfall III that doesn't change the game any more than Pitfall II did to the first Pitfall. Or I should just spend more time with the bonus adventure in Pitfall II for the 5200. Hey, couldn't someone hack a cart with just the bonus adventure on it (so you don't have to play through the first game every time)? That would be something.