IGNORED

Play Expo (a.k.a. Replay Expo) - Manchester 2012

snicklin

Get onto the National Express mailing list, they occasionally do Fun Fare promotions and i booked a trip from Leeds to Kent and back as four single tickets for under £25 a few days ago.

That sounds yummy, can i've some of that, there again, as with the train cack, i bet you have to book in advance

That £25 booked last weekend is for use next Wednesday so not very much in advance, no. But like i said, it was a special offer and the deal has ended so keeping an eye on the Nat Express mailing list for the next one is worth doing.

Just up the road from me! We'll have to get drunk and make arses of ourselves. :D

Really ? I thought you were near Manchester for some strange reason, no idea why I thought that though.. But cool, and also I guess I'll be in the land of cheap Peroxide then :D

Bit of news about Play, it looks like there'll be myself, James at RGCD and a chap from Finland running the indie/homebrew section between us.

i'm going to try scraping together the money for some "comedy" t-shirts to make myself easy to spot (although a six foot tall blonde bloke with long hair who looks pregnant does stand out a little) so it should be relatively easy to locate me/us at midday on the Saturday as snicklin suggested. Hopefully this time i won't need the bloody sunglasses all weekend!

Bit of news about Play, it looks like there'll be myself, James at RGCD and a chap from Finland running the indie/homebrew section between us.

i'm going to try scraping together the money for some "comedy" t-shirts to make myself easy to spot (although a six foot tall blonde bloke with long hair who looks pregnant does stand out a little) so it should be relatively easy to locate me/us at midday on the Saturday as snicklin suggested. Hopefully this time i won't need the bloody sunglasses all weekend!

So if you're blonde, what colour is the hair, and why is it pregnant?

/gets coat

;)

That's a very personal question and i'll thank you not to ask it again sir!

• Like 1

Really ? I thought you were near Manchester for some strange reason, no idea why I thought that though.. But cool, and also I guess I'll be in the land of cheap Peroxide then :D

Can't imagine... anyway, get off the Metro at Chichester, walk down the hill towards the river, and visit D&M Hairdressing Supplies, 22 New Green Street. :D

That's a very personal question and i'll thank you not to ask it again sir!

I'm suitably chastened :'(

The guys at Replay Events have kindly offered discounted tickets if we can get a group of ten or more people together to attend the Play Expo.

Tickets will be discounted by 10%, without any online booking fee that might otherwise apply. If there are any AA Atari enthusiasts that are interested in getting together at the event then let me know.

Atari User will also be running a competition to give away a pair of tickets, again courtesy of Replay Events.

The guys at Replay Events have kindly offered discounted tickets if we can get a group of ten or more people together to attend the Play Expo.

Tickets will be discounted by 10%, without any online booking fee that might otherwise apply. If there are any AA Atari enthusiasts that are interested in getting together at the event then let me know.

Atari User will also be running a competition to give away a pair of tickets, again courtesy of Replay Events.

Darn, I've already bought mine. How about a "retro" refund?

I'm planning to bring along at least one of the A8 games that I've been working on.
Depending on whether there's anything to see yet or not, could you bring them all along? Even if they're not playable, it'd be good to see what may be released later.
Yea, no worries, I'll get stuff together to bring along. Hopefully one of which will be a completed project.

and a chap from Finland running the indie/homebrew section

Not a young lad is it around 20/21 ish? I was in the after-show party quiz last year with a young Finnish lad. Nice lad, got us a fair few points too.

Umm... rather embarrassingly i got the poor chap's nationality wrong, GroovyBee reckons he's Dutch and i'm taking his word for it. =-)

• Like 1

[umm... rather embarrassingly i got the poor chap's nationality wrong, GroovyBee reckons he's Dutch and i'm taking his word for it. =-)

So he's off the mainland then?! In other words, he's not an "Inselaffe". (I used to laugh when living in Germany and being referred to as one of these!)

Edited by snicklin

Ooh, is that a secret or can you say which one that may be, if ready? Is it one off your list at the bottom of your messages?

Yea, from the list :) and also one more game project that I've not listed.

@svenski: add me to the list too, I'll be there both days. How will you arrange the tickets?

Yea, from the list :) and also one more game project that I've not listed.

Now I've got a smile on my face... but now time for bed. I had an Atari game based dream last night (the graphics were amazing but realistic for an Atari), hopefully one of my dreams tonight will be about one of the above named games.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

i've been trying to contact someone via the Replay official site and i never get a reply for the last few months now

i have been asked to try and get some traders pitch prices for the event

does anyone know how much tables or whatever is available are?

maybe even some contact details of the organizers would be handy!