IGNORED

Jaguar red screen and connection problems

ydcl

Hi all,

Just got my 1st Jaguar and went to play Power Drive Rally (my 1st game) and it worked fine on 1st try.

Then I switched to Doom and I got a red screen as the Jaguar logo came up and it would freeze. Sometimes the system would not even turn on. (happened on all games).

I tried again and also different games but they never work on the 1st try. I have to lean my Jaguar forward a bit to make they system work correctly and even then I have to use a few tries.

*Would this be fixed if I bought an S-cable instead of the RF switch?

I was able to play all the games but it is annoying to have to align the moon and the sun to get something to work.

Thanks for reading,

Yan

It's not a video cable issue, it's a cart connector issue. Have you cleaned the Jag's cart port & the games' connectors?

No, I just got it a few hours ago.

With what should I clean it? Q-tips and what?

Cheers,

Yan

If the system doesn't power on, that probably means the carts aren't plugged in all the way (the system doesn't power on if a cart's not in the slot). Just make sure you press them down firmly.

As far as the red issue, it's pretty common. I don't have any recommendations as far as the cart slot is concerned, but try looking at the contacts of your carts to make sure they are clean.