IGNORED

World of Doom (A.K.A. Doom of Mondular) complete!

adamantyr

Coming out of lurking to share this:

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1209143462891?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=120914346289&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

What's interesting is it includes all three parts of the game, I've never seen those! The Triton catalog listed the other versions in the one issue this appeared, but I never knew anyone who actually got it.

To be honest, though, $250 is too rich for it. The game sucks, and the copy protection makes it nearly impossible to play. The only reason I'd get it is for the manuals and documentation, which are pretty slick.

Adamantyr

I actually bought all three parts back in the day--I think the only piece I din't get was the character program. I'll have to check my disks to be sure. . .and that was a sucky protection scheme, but it was possible to copy them with Copy-C, which is what I did for my working copies.

I actually bought all three parts back in the day--I think the only piece I din't get was the character program. I'll have to check my disks to be sure. . .and that was a sucky protection scheme, but it was possible to copy them with Copy-C, which is what I did for my working copies.

Yeah, I heard Copy-C worked for it. It still was pretty unstable though... at one point playing it, it crashed on me back to X-BASIC, but the interface was completely messed up.

Plus, the game is just AWFUL. I suppose I should give some latitude for its time, but it's pretty dull, a poor man's Wizardry at best. Tunnels of Doom was far superior in both controls and presentation.

Adamantyr

• 1 year later...