IGNORED

Question about jag rom cart

john6370

OK i was doing some thinking...the snes and sega genesis both have a rom carts, that you can download roms to and play. also i know that the rom cart for the genesis and snes have switches on them because not all games use the same pin locations...

Anyways does the jag have a rom cart..aslo does the jag use the same pin outs for every game?(meaning that the address lines and data lines are always the same on every game) If that is that was the case we might beable to make a cheap ram cart for the jag. If not does anyone know how many different configerations the jag uses for rom access.

Also can you take one of the jags many crappy games and clear the memory

on the rom and download a new better game to it?...l know you would have to modify and do some engineering to it, but it can be done..

Example for this kind of use would be to take a game like white man can't jump and using the rom chip for a game like doom or AVP....

The Jag has FlashRom carts, they're quite rare and allways expensive (and I believe quite easy to damage and hard to repair). Nobody made them except Atari tho, I dont think anyone has tried since they went belly up. Normal cartridges are quite easy to make, just needs a couple of standard prom chips, a simple pcb and a case, people like Thunderbird, Carl from Songbird, and B&C (I think) make their own carts, since they are the only people producing games currently.

Also there is the Alpine board of course, which is the part of the official dev kit which looks like a giant T shaped cartridge, and essentially contains a load of battery backed up ram, as well as various debugger functions and things.