IGNORED

Lock N Chase easter egg?

A weird thing happened when I was playing Lock N Chase. My guy disappeared, and in his place was the word "HI". I'm not sure if this was the system glitching or some sort of easter egg, but I was playing it differently then I normally do. I was playing 2 players alone, so that each game lasts longer.

So what do you guys think? Easter egg or glitch?

post-5399-0-13730400-1337798585_thumb.jpg

Hmmm. Never seen that before, not sure if it's been documented yet. Maybe you could ask Keith on the Intellivision Birthday Announcement Facebook page? Maybe the BSR can shed some light on this. Either way, cool finding.

A weird thing happened when I was playing Lock N Chase. My guy disappeared, and in his place was the word "HI". I'm not sure if this was the system glitching or some sort of easter egg, but I was playing it differently then I normally do. I was playing 2 players alone, so that each game lasts longer.

I don't have Lock N' Chase, so I can't test myself, but can someone tell me if that "HI" shows up anywhere else in the game?

I mean, it occurred to me that it could be an error. I've seen it happen before with other games, that for some reason or another, some graphic tiles are loaded wrong and have the wrong picture. A corrupted pointer in memory or something like that.

-dZ.

I don't have Lock N' Chase, so I can't test myself, but can someone tell me if that "HI" shows up anywhere else in the game?

I mean, it occurred to me that it could be an error. I've seen it happen before with other games, that for some reason or another, some graphic tiles are loaded wrong and have the wrong picture. A corrupted pointer in memory or something like that.

-dZ.

By the way, it occurred to me that "H" and "I" are contiguous tiles in the Intellivision's built-in character set and that moving sprites are usually composed of two contiguous tiles set vertically. It could still be a corrupted pointer causing the sprite to point to the built-in character set instead of to the actual picture it should display.

It could be an easter egg. However, it looks suspiciously like just a random event. A cool one, nonetheless. :)

-dZ.

Edited by DZ-Jay
  • Like 1

w

-dZ.

By the way, it occurred to me that "H" and "I" are contiguous tiles in the Intellivision's built-in character set and that moving sprites are usually composed of two contiguous tiles set vertically. It could still be a corrupted pointer causing the sprite to point to the built-in character set instead of to the actual picture it should display.

It could be an easter egg. However, it looks suspiciously like just a random event. A cool one, nonetheless. :)

-dZ.

I was thinking the same thing. Maybe it's the HI from High Score? Like you, I don't have Lock n Chase in front of me right now.