IGNORED

Elektronite Box

Not that it matters to me, but when you have them printed, does the printer assemble them and you get a complete box or do you have to assemble them?

Well the only reason I am asking is we will get the games that much faster! :-D

I didnt think it was ever going to happen! You guys were only talking about it seems like a few weeks ago and now you have this mock up box. :-o

I am wondering if it shouldnt be on an angle like the mattel box.....I just noticed the manual on a Mattel game doesn't fall forward....I think I am going to call the company first thing in the morning...comments?

The box looks great and I'm so stoked you guys did this, I think it's brilliant. That said, the first thing I noticed was the manual tilting forward. I definitely think the angled slot is the way to go, that'll keep the manual and OL's in place. Well done!

Or maybe north/south overlay slot like the Intellivoice ones ? With the instructions tucked neatly away behind in the cover, my personal favorite as it seemed to have a "thought process" behind the engineering.. specific storage for both items.. novel idea for the eighties huh ? :grin:

I think getting into overlay slots is a bit too much trouble for assembly.

I didn't think much of the east - west slot until later in the day when i looked at the picture. I have decided to call the printer and stop the die making until that is fixed. The overlays will go in front of the manual just like in the Mattel boxes.

The boxes will be put together by myself. I am not paying for assembly when it is simply 'busy work'.......I'll do a few while listening to music or watching TV. I am assembling all the elements to the games and putting them together slowly.

I told you guys I was serious about this. We are not fooling around :-P Don't call me homebrew....Elektronite is a reboot of the 80s 3rd party publishers......homebrew sounds too amature for me :-P

• Like 1

I am wondering if it shouldnt be on an angle like the mattel box.....I just noticed the manual on a Mattel game doesn't fall forward....I think I am going to call the company first thing in the morning...comments?

I just came in to mention that. It should be at an angle like the old ones. The reason they were like that is to keep the manual straight while storing the box vertically.

I called the salesman, and he said that it was no trouble to angle the manual slot. I have to sign off on a proof after the art is set up. So, there is no danger of the die being produced before I check.

The angle on the slot also allows you to put the overlays over to one side and have them better secured.

Anyhow, I am excited to finally see this coming together. Our next release won't be as much work, but the whole effort is worth it.

Imagine the possiblities.....doing Gatefold versions of other non-gatefold games :-P Of course, one would have to get permission, but it would be cool.

Edited by Games For Your Intellivision

I called the salesman, and he said that it was no trouble to angle the manual slot. I have to sign off on a proof after the art is set up. So, there is no danger of the die being produced before I check.

The angle on the slot also allows you to put the overlays over to one side and have them better secured.

Anyhow, I am excited to finally see this coming together. Our next release won't be as much work, but the whole effort is worth it.

Imagine the possiblities.....doing Gatefold versions of other non-gatefold games :-P Of course, one would have to get permission, but it would be cool.

Permission from the Intellivision Birthday Announcement Facebook page? (I'm thinking we could shorten this to IBAF? Just sayin.)

Is it weird that I'm as excited about the new box as I am about the new game? :)

Permission from the Intellivision Birthday Announcement Facebook page? (I'm thinking we could shorten this to IBAF? Just sayin.)

Is it weird that I'm as excited about the new box as I am about the new game? :)

boxes are in my opinion the best part of a new release for a collector... in fact, when you show your rare item to some friend, you show the box

:-)

boxes are in my opinion the best part of a new release for a collector... in fact, when you show your rare item to some friend, you show the box

:-)

Exactly!

I'm a self-proclaimed overlay junkie. I always look forward to new overlays, but.......the box is the essence of the display. Overlays rule!

do you have all the alternative overlays made by swapmagic and other people?

Edited by vprette

I'm a self-proclaimed overlay junkie. I always look forward to new overlays, but.......the box is the essence of the display. Overlays rule!

do you have all the alternative overlays made by swapmagic and other people?

I have Orphan Overlays for 4 games. Would love to find more at the right price.

I recently tried a few from Swapmagic as well. They aren't too bad looking...a little thin, but I don't plan to functionally use them, I just really liked the Diner ones. $8 for a set of Diner Overlays was kinda steep, but I splurged. Most of the others I'm interested in are listed for $15/pair. That's out of my league. Would be cool if he offered a discounted package deal for a set of 10 or 20 pairs.

I'm not sure what I'd do if confronted with the option of buying a complete set of the Orphan Overlays. $250+ is a lot of $$$ for me, but who knows..... I'll prob just have to be patient.