IGNORED

CV Arcade Controller --- PRE ORDERS

Update.... all the controllers were ship! :) but we also found out today that some of you will received the wrong cable. :(

There is a way to use the wrong cable but we are working on getting the right cables asap. Please let me know when you

receive it and try the cable.

As far as this extension cable, the one I received had a Female connector (no pins) that plugs into the ColecoVision controller port and a Male (with pins) plug that attaches to the controller... which is a standard controller extension cable. The first time I tried out the controller, everything worked fine for an extended period and then all of a sudden the second firebutton stopped functioning as well as pressing UP on the controller. So I tested with multiple controller test programs (Super Action Controller Test, Final Test, AtariMax Test Utility, etc.) and got all kinds of weird results like pressing UP also caused some of the keypad buttons to show as activated and the firebuttons weren't responsive. I then pulled out an extension cable of my own and got the same results. Then I shut everything down, gave myself a timeout, put your cable back in place and tried again and everything worked properly for the time I spent using the controller.... going to play with it some more in a minute and see what results I get.

It sounds like there was a mis-connection at some point, but those are some pretty strange results. Keep us posted if there are further issues.

Just spent about 45 minutes playing different games and trying different controller test programs and everything is working properly. Must have just been one of those electronics oddities or it could be that I got #13 out of the batch and I'm gonna have to take it to Church to have a priest bless it... although with my past the walls of the Church could come tumbling down so I better leave well enough alone.

Just spent about 45 minutes playing different games and trying different controller test programs and everything is working properly. Must have just been one of those electronics oddities or it could be that I got #13 out of the batch and I'm gonna have to take it to Church to have a priest bless it... although with my past the walls of the Church could come tumbling down so I better leave well enough alone.

Hi Niad,

Thank you for the comments! :)

I'm happy that everything is going good now! Please let me know if anything goes wrong.

As for the issue with the cable we will try to solve this as soon as possible.

Thanks

Well Got my controller today. Looks awesome!!!!!!!

I can tell you how you know when you have the wrong extension wire. When you go to plug it in and you can't because it doesn't fit. :(

Oh well at least I have another shipment coming from you guys so hopefully we can get the correct wire in that shipment. :)

Meanwhile I will sit, stair, and drool at my fancy new arcade joystick. ;)

my stick goes right when supposed tobe idle

it aint my coleco i tried my other controlers which works fine

Huh so I just totally got a wrong wire that doesn't even fit then I guess. It is a fat little female connector without scews on sides even though the controller has the screw holders next to its ports so there is no way to plug it in because the screw points keep it from plugging in.

Huh so I just totally got a wrong wire that doesn't even fit then I guess. It is a fat little female connector without scews on sides even though the controller has the screw holders next to its ports so there is no way to plug it in because the screw points keep it from plugging in.

i'm in the same boat as you we received extension cables

i've beeen able to nconnect using db9 cable MALE/FEMALE but i have find out that i think the wires been reversed (when my stick is centered it goes right when i move it right it idle (center doing nothing) it aint my coleco as i tried the stock controlllers and it's ok

it aint the extension cable because i've plugged my stock controller on it to test and it's ok it might be my db9 male female cable i'll only knows when i'll get the replacement cable (i have nothing to take the db9 screws off the port to plug the extension on it) ...been not very lucky on this one

I have a y-cable that I was using with the Champ pad to be able to use both buttons on any connected controller. This worked on the CV arcade controller, so I at least got to use it. But, I still want the correct cable :-). Looks and feels just like an arcade machine, nice job.

ok... i'm soory again that so many of you received the wrong cable! we though it was only a few but it looks like there was many of them.

Now for all of you who received the wrong cable i need to keep track of it case i'm the one who J-F will send the rifgt cable to ship you.

So if you received the wrong cable PLEASE send me a PM with "Message Subject" WRONG CABLE onl. its the only way i will be able to

keep track of it. I will send the cables as soon as i can. As a Temporary solution you still can use it by removing the metal ring and the the

2 screws from the DB9 (see picture) but don't loose the parts you'll have to put them back when you get the right cable.

post-29693-0-39949800-1343136216_thumb.jpg

post-29693-0-38830400-1343136227_thumb.jpg

post-29693-0-79695700-1343136245_thumb.jpg

Now i would likr to let you know that i made some pesonal test with the controller. i have pack mine back and did like the mail man would do or drop them!

After couple of test ( not sur if it was 40 of 46 test) but anyway, i realise that the wires inside are moving. Thats ok but somtime they get stuck under one of the buttons

or on the joystick side. All you have to do is remove the 4 screwa the buttom and just puch the wires down so they don't get stuck under any buttons. When you put the

buttom cover back you don't have to tight the screws so much. Every controller were test by me with the ColecoVision test cartridge. Everything appear to be good but if i

had miss 1 or 2 somewhere i'm sorry.I hope this will help resolve the little inconvenient. I really took my time on these and really hope they were all good.

Something like that is probably what happened in my case when I used it for the first time and had problems as I do recall removing the cable and turning over the controller to figure out what screws I needed to remove in order to open up the housing. Thankfully I decided to test it out again and when I did, everything was working properly and still is... or it could have just been a gremlin.

I received mine today (#15). I tested it for only a few games and it worked fine. I won't have room for it until I move, so it is back in the box for now. I was very happy with the action. Just like the real arcade experience.

My only very minor gripe was that there are some cosmetic issues I had not expected. Very minor, but for the high price tag, I was not expecting much in the way of flaws. Here is what I encountered when I opened the package:

• One of the rear corners of the acrylic (at the bottom) is dinged, with a very sharp edge sticking out. I should be able to fix this, but we shall see.
  • There were some surface scratches in the acrylic when I pulled off the protective plastic (under the joystick running horizontally to the spot under the buttons.
  • The acrylic has some spots where the black layer underneath is not flush. It looks like an oil slick (hard to describe...maybe it's adhesive residue???).

All of the above I can live with, but I figured I would mention them in case you knew of a fix that would assist me.

Overall, it is an amazing feat to produce hardware like this, and I applaud you for a tremendous success!!! Thanks again!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

i'm in the same boat as you we received extension cables

i've beeen able to nconnect using db9 cable MALE/FEMALE but i have find out that i think the wires been reversed (when my stick is centered it goes right when i move it right it idle (center doing nothing) it aint my coleco as i tried the stock controlllers and it's ok

it aint the extension cable because i've plugged my stock controller on it to test and it's ok it might be my db9 male female cable i'll only knows when i'll get the replacement cable (i have nothing to take the db9 screws off the port to plug the extension on it) ...been not very lucky on this one

I think maybe for the "right" switch, the normally closed connection is connected instead of the normally open connection.

One of the rear corners of the acrylic (at the bottom) is dinged, with a very sharp edge sticking out. I should be able to fix this, but we shall see.

Without a pic, kind of hard to give proper advice. If its not too severe, use some high grit wet/dry sand paper, lots of patience and free time.

There were some surface scratches in the acrylic when I pulled off the protective plastic (under the joystick running horizontally to the spot under the buttons.

Novus polish kit works wonders, I highly recommend it.

The acrylic has some spots where the black layer underneath is not flush. It looks like an oil slick (hard to describe...maybe it's adhesive residue???).

Again need pics to provide proper advice and understand this issue.

I know we're all adults here, but I really hope this doesn't discourage you from trying other things in the future. You had an idea, took a risk, and even though everything wasn't as smooth as it could be, I just want to thank you for making these controllers. BTW, I need the cable too if you haven't noted that :)

I don't think anyone is upset with their purchase. It seems like we all understand that this was super ambitious and a labour of love for those that created it, as well as for all of us who purchased it. My input above was meant only as feedback...constructive feedback.

Cheers to those who put in all the hard work! Let's hope all of the lessons learned from this project act as fuel for the next one! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: