IGNORED

8-Bit Games for Two Simultaneous Players?

Asteroids, awesome 2,3 or 4 player fun. Try combat mode :twisted:

I think there was a hack of M.U.L.E for the maxflash

An ATR for flashing the 1Mb MAXFlash cartridge is available in the AtariMax forums, I believe it works with a 48K 800. You have to be logged in to download files.

http://www.atarimax.com/flashcart/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=21

Yeah, there are plenty of good ones. Not sure about the Atarimax cart bit - but some early memories that I'm now teaching to my kids:-

Kikstart (Mastertronic) is still a load of fun - (except when you fall off and have to wait til it picks you up!)

Pro Mountain Bike Sim (Alternative) was vaguely similar, but not quite as simple and arcade-ish.

Crystal Raider (Mastertronic) had a vaguely interesting 2-joystick mode - one person moves left/right, the other controls jump. Ho hum.

Protector 2 (Mastertronic) also had 2-play simultaneous, where you shoot each other in helicopters.

BMX Sim (Code Masters) was moderately fun.

Grand Prix Sim (Code Masters) is similar (but my 4-yr old loves it for some reason)

Rally Speedway (Adventure Int.) was really good fun too - think Micro Machines.

Zybex (Zeppelin) - already mentioned. Probably my favourite of all 2-player games.

KillaCycle (MicroValue/Tynesoft - 4 great games vol 2) - very simple tron game, but actually quite fun.

Rebound (MicroValue - 4 great games vol 3) - Mackintosh/Munns - looks+sounds great. Fun tennis game.

Atari Tennis (classically simple, but for its time very good fun)

Atari Basketball (ditto)

Electronic Arts(/Atari re-release) One-on-one basketball

Chop Suey (English soft)

Video Classics (Firebird) had a nice set of pong-like games.

Summer Games II (Epyx) - not all simultaneous, and a bit buggy, but we had some fun with it...

Gauntlet (Mindscape??/Kixx) - not all it was cracked up to be - bit sluggish all in all. (Is there a better 2-pl simultaneous equivalent?)

Soccer (Thorn EMI/Creative Sparks) - the goaly is tough, but this gave us loads of fun. 4-player on the 400.

Fantastic Soccer (Zeppelin)

Oh, so many...

it seems you are at least european based as most games are UK ones... ;) thx had forgotten many of them you mentioned but it is Summer Games 1 not 2 ;)

Yep - I'm in the UK! And yes, it's just "Summer Games" - wonder why I thought that was a sequal...? I've not actually played Decathlon - somehow that one slipped past...