IGNORED

Suspicious eBay Seller? _ River Raid for $7.99

I seen that but missed it. I did snag the boxed Hover Force he sold for $4

I seen in his completed auctions he sold a Complete Dig Dug for $19 and a complete World Series for $6.50

Based on all his other stuff he has for sale, he is not a gamer. He is just an online thrift store who just happened into the games and didn't do any research. He sold everything untested including some systems. Lazy seller looking for a quick buck.

I'm glad i snagged Hover Force. Wish i could of gotten the Dig Dug, still need the box for my collection. :-D

I won two of his games ... CIB River Raid as you mentioned and CIB World Championship Baseball.

I got an email from him stating that he sent me the wrong game (World Series Baseball instead of World Championship) and he wants me to forward that onto the right person (he's sending a label). He says he's still sending me my stuff, but offering a 60% discount for my troubles in the mishap which isn't really necessary since they were dirt cheap to begin with.

I know that I've mis-shipped once or twice in years of selling, so it's not unheard of to mix up a shipment so I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt. I'll let you know if anything else alerts me to an issue though ...

I know that I've mis-shipped once or twice in years of selling, so it's not unheard of to mix up a shipment so I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt. I'll let you know if anything else alerts me to an issue though ...

Happened to me once too. But it was a case of having the discs in the wrong case. But they paid for my trouble of shipping it back to them. So it all worked out.

I think it's funny and kind of cool that both buyers are members of AA.

We're probably the only few that are trolling eBay constantly ... waking up in the middle of the night and instinctively reaching for our iPhones to check eBay for new Intellivision items ... leaving parties early if out of service range in constant fear of missing that BIN Spiker for $10 ...

Or maybe that's just me :ponder:

• Like 1

We're probably the only few that are trolling eBay constantly ... waking up in the middle of the night and instinctively reaching for our iPhones to check eBay for new Intellivision items ... leaving parties early if out of service range in constant fear of missing that BIN Spiker for $10 ...

No...its not just you......I bet Cmart checks Ebay during those special moments with his old lady. :P

Edited by revolutionika
  • Like 1

No...its not just you......I bet Cmart checks Ebay during those special moments with his old lady. :P

And Rev will check Ebay even during a Bea Aurthur marathon. :-o

She's very understanding that way. :D Rev and I had a funny BIN moment earlier today on a game that was up for seconds on ebay.... :P

As a warning, I'm moving back on target ...

Received River Raid today (box is in good condition but overlays are crappy, but for 8 bucks, no worries!) and World Series as he said. Still waiting on the label ... but seller seems legit.

She's very understanding that way. :D Rev and I had a funny BIN moment earlier today on a game that was up for seconds on ebay.... :P

Yeah, that was a close one!

I seen the sealed Melody Blaster and had time to get it but passed and then the other thing popped up and Im happier to have that!

Received River Raid today (box is in good condition but overlays are crappy, but for 8 bucks, no worries!) and World Series as he said. Still waiting on the label ... but seller seems legit.

Those River Raid overlays are the worst of the whole INTV collection. It's bizarre how crappy they are, I swear if you look at them funny they start flaking. Great deals had by all from this guy.

Glas to see you got it Fushek.....but what was jason refering about? Did I miss something?

Before I received the stuff, I got an message that he had shipped the wrong thing, wanted to send a return label to ship it back, offered to discount everything 60% for my troubles, etc. I think Jason was thinking that there might be something fishy going on. Maybe the person that he didn't ship the item to, he offered to give a full refund and forget the transaction (which makes sense, for what he charged for the items, to ship it all around, he's not going to be making much).

Those River Raid overlays are the worst of the whole INTV collection. It's bizarre how crappy they are, I swear if you look at them funny they start flaking. Great deals had by all from this guy.

True ... I like labels but more interested in a nice box that looks impressive on my shelf. I never use the overlays.

Glas to see you got it Fushek.....but what was jason refering about? Did I miss something?

I won the World Series Baseball...among other games from the seller. Long story, but at the last minute he cancelled the order saying that he didn't have the game and sent it to the wrong buyer. He did refund my $6.50 plus shipping, and said that IF the game was returned he would sell it to me for half price. This raised red flags for me since it was the rarest in the bunch and the only other one listed was pikachu's (asking price $160). I figured he may have seen that one and possibly wanted to back out of the sale. This happens all the time and it just seemed too fishy. That's why I asked about River Raid, the other most valuable. Ironically, World Series went to Fushek with River Raid and I was just being paranoid.

On a side note, the seller was really nice - incredibly fair, prompt replies, answered all my questions, probably lost money on the game because of the hassle. I received the other games today and they were all well packaged. If any of you get a chance to do business with him, you will not regret it. Very professional and one of the better sellers on eBay.

I won the World Series Baseball...among other games from the seller. Long story, but at the last minute he cancelled the order saying that he didn't have the game and sent it to the wrong buyer. He did refund my $6.50 plus shipping, and said that IF the game was returned he would sell it to me for half price. This raised red flags for me since it was the rarest in the bunch and the only other one listed was pikachu's (asking price $160). I figured he may have seen that one and possibly wanted to back out of the sale. This happens all the time and it just seemed too fishy. That's why I asked about River Raid, the other most valuable. Ironically, World Series went to Fushek with River Raid and I was just being paranoid.

On a side note, the seller was really nice - incredibly fair, prompt replies, answered all my questions, probably lost money on the game because of the hassle. I received the other games today and they were all well packaged. If any of you get a chance to do business with him, you will not regret it. Very professional and one of the better sellers on eBay.

Agreed, very professional and apologetic. Actually, I just heard from him last night and he sent me a label to return the game to him. Hopefully, it then can make it's way back into your hands!

He even gave me a refund for my troubles (totally unnecessary as we all got sweet deals on his stuff in the first place).