IGNORED

What happens to free games after Playstation Plus account expires?

goldenegg

I've noticed a bunch of free games offered for Playstation Plus members and Sony just announced they'll be offering even more free games. I've always wondered what happens after the Playstation Plus account expires. I figure nothing happens to games paid for at a discount, but I'm guessing the free titles would stop working. Is that correct?

Its only good if you plan on subscribing for the long haul as free games have been historically slow to be offered.

Although the past 3 or 4 months its picked up a bit with Trine 2, Sly Cooper HD and some other notables like Shank 2, Magic the Gathering etc.

Today I beleive you can get Infamous 2 and Virtua Fighter 5.

http://blog.us.plays...ore-update-242/

I have to admit its worth it in my case because I took the 2 year subsciption (1st year free due to the hack) and I have a boatload of games.

But yes if you stop subscribing they will just sit on your PS3's hardrive never to be played.

Edited by cimerians

It's worth it to note.. the free games are only locked if your subscription expires. If you let it expire and resubscribe a week/month/year later, everything you had attached to your subscription gets re-enabled. You don't start from scratch with just the current stuff.

It's worth it to note.. the free games are only locked if your subscription expires. If you let it expire and resubscribe a week/month/year later, everything you had attached to your subscription gets re-enabled. You don't start from scratch with just the current stuff.

Just make sure you don't get too attached to them as it's pretty much a done deal that at some point in the next gen Sony will drop PS3 support on PSN. It just won't make business sense to keep it supported when they'll be trying to force everyone to buy the new hardware.