IGNORED

Anybody have all 59 7800 CIBs?

Yurkie

I want to make a nice simple wall mount cabinet for the 7800 collection. I figure 4 shelves about 25" wide would allow for 24 standard Atari released games. I would make height between shelves 8 1/2" leaving an inch from top of box to the bottom of the shelf above it. Depth of 6" with a glass door and a magnetic catch similar those used on stereo display cabinets/entertainment centers.

Here is the catch and the reason for my topic question.

If I understand correctly there are 49 NTSC Atari Released games and 10 from 3rd parties. I need the dimensions of the 3rd party boxes so that I don't end up having a cabinet that CIBs won't fit in.

If anyone can measure the 10 third party games and post dimensions it would be greatly appreciated.

P.S. I have a nice start on my collection I have 27 and 4 more on the way, so I am over half way.

I have all of them. A few of the third party game boxes are slightly larger than the atari ones. Mine are boxed up at the moment but if no one else can get them in the next day or two I'll try to dig them out.

Mitch

Yeah, some of the third party boxes are the same size as the Atari ones, and some are larger. I got out the ruler, the larger boxes (F18, F14, Titlematch Wrestling etc) measure 7 1/8" by 9 1/8". So 8 1/2" gap between shelves isn't gonna be good enough for those. Unless you lay them down.

Mayhem, they are 7 1/8" X 9 1/8" X 1" ? What about the other 7 third party?

IIRC, all of the North American ABSOLUTE ENTERTAINMENT games except KUNG FU MASTER are the larger sized format, The Activision and Froggo games are smaller boxes like the Atari titles.

The box for Klax certainly has non-standard dimensions. Or are you mounting only pre-1992 releases?

Original NTSC releases and homebrews, but I am not hung up on having every single homebrew. Do you have Klax box dimensions?

Mayhem, they are 7 1/8" X 9 1/8" X 1" ? What about the other 7 third party?

IIRC, all of the North American ABSOLUTE ENTERTAINMENT games except KUNG FU MASTER are the larger sized format, The Activision and Froggo games are smaller boxes like the Atari titles.

Thank You. Could someone verify this?

I can verify it because I own the NTSC third party titles as well. All the Absolute titles bar Kung Fu Master are in the larger boxes. The width of them is 1 1/16" btw, so a tiny bit wider than a standard box. The Activision and Froggo games are in boxes of the same size as the Atari ones. So that's 5 third party games in large boxes, 5 third party games in small boxes.

That's strange. Was Kung-Fu Master the first of Absolute's games to come out, or the last? That's the only way it makes any sense. I do like the PAL VHS-type boxes for the Absolute games, they are almost the same size as the regular boxes. I know you don't want those, I just like them.

I have my games in an Ikea bookcase. I lay 4 VHS tapes down along the back so the games come out almost to the edge. I have all the Absolute boxes on the end of the shelf, laying down without a VHS tape behind, so they fit.

That's strange. Was Kung-Fu Master the first of Absolute's games to come out, or the last? That's the only way it makes any sense.

The last I think.

IIRC, they released in phases:

1. Super Skateboarding and F-18 Hornet

2. Tomcat, Title Match, Pete Rose

3. Kung Fu Master

Edited by DracIsBack

Awesome pics! Thanks.

There are a lot of homebrews on the right side of the second shelf that I have never heard of... Awesome Homebrew boxes, those are Marc's handwork correct?

Awesome pics! Thanks.

There are a lot of homebrews on the right side of the second shelf that I have never heard of... Awesome Homebrew boxes, those are Marc's handwork correct?

you bet!! I support all of Marc's work!! some of those boxes are empty. Like the Frogger,Q Bert, Skyfox and a few others.

Matt

The HES releases are the ones in the plastic clamshells. Salu also released the games in Germany (and possibly the UK) in the smaller, normal sized cardboard boxes. I've got all the PAL releases, but I don't quite have complete HES or Salu sets, they overlap. I think I'm missing about 3-4 releases on both sides.

The HES releases are the ones in the plastic clamshells. Salu also released the games in Germany (and possibly the UK) in the smaller, normal sized cardboard boxes. I've got all the PAL releases, but I don't quite have complete HES or Salu sets, they overlap. I think I'm missing about 3-4 releases on both sides.

I have all of the HES and Salu titles boxed except for HES Baseball. That one is really tough to find.

Mitch