IGNORED

Elansar, an adventure game for Falcon 030

Orion: I look on this just as oportunity to do something new - I don't know about adventure on ST(E) using high-color pictures. And I don't think that profit is your main concern :)

In any case, I planned something with high-color images already, and now I have what missed: updater Photochrome. So, I will do it for sure in following months.

Edited by ParanoidLittleMan

I don't know about adventure on ST(E) using high-color pictures

Maybe there is a reason for that ;)

Doing a pictures slideshow, and doing a game is VERY different ! That's why I dropped the pc engine version, because I could do a slideshow, but not a full game !

I started to talk about doing the game multi platform, and then, when I actually DID it, I realized that there is a lots of time spending in doing the port for a specific platform.

And then people started to tell me, "and how about ST ? and dreamcast ? and genesis ? and I want a NeoGeo CD version too !" and so on...

I'm sorry, I don't have magical power, or infinite time to spend on this project, I've been working on it since about 2 years now, I'm getting a bit tired of it, so the Jaguar version should be the last one :)

Edited by Orion_

I'm sorry, I don't have magical power, or infinite time to spend on this project, I've been working on it since about 2 years now, I'm getting a bit tired of it, so the Jaguar version should be the last one :)

Understood. I'm surely not being critical here Orion, was just "random thinking" a bit there...

Thank you again for supporting the Falcon and the Jaguar - much appreciated! :)

• Like 1

Maybe there is a reason for that ;)

Doing a pictures slideshow, and doing a game is VERY different ! That's why I dropped the pc engine version, because I could do a slideshow, but not a full game !

I'm sure that there is many adv. with pictures for ST, where high-color mode could be used. Why it happened not ? Likely because need for more floppies for game distro, then SW licensing costs , + ? ...

I saw Elansar only on You Tube, so can not really judge possible problems expectable.

Of course, if you want to do alone everything, it is really too much :_(

I have Falcon, but somehow not much interested for special Falcon SW. Even if there is really not much of it. ST, STE, Falcon, Amiga, etc - all it is prehistoric now. But you never forget first love ;-)

I'm sure that there is many adv. with pictures for ST, where high-color mode could be used. Why it happened not ? Likely because need for more floppies for game distro, then SW licensing costs , + ? ...

I saw Elansar only on You Tube, so can not really judge possible problems expectable.

Of course, if you want to do alone everything, it is really too much :_(

I have Falcon, but somehow not much interested for special Falcon SW. Even if there is really not much of it. ST, STE, Falcon, Amiga, etc - all it is prehistoric now. But you never forget first love ;-)

Nothing to stop you making your own game for the ST that is similar, have at it!

• Like 2

Nothing to stop you making your own game for the ST that is similar, have at it!

That's OK. As said, doing something new - with new solutions is what today has sense with prehistoric computers. I see that many people would like enhanced versions of popular games like Giana, Turrican, etc. Turrican update is even started some years ago, but seems as abandoned project. I think that people just wants too much - doing something really quality is huge work. And I discover often some old, good game, pretty much unknown. So maybe instead doing new, just look better in past :)

Well, despite all above said, it may happen that I go crazy, and start to work on something with animated high-color for STE. Not new game, just improved v.

• 3 weeks later...

Hmm, has anyone had any trouble running Elansar?

I finally got around to playing it a bit on my setup. It runs fine in 256 color mode, and TC mode,

with my CT60 disabled.

However, with the CT60 enabled, it either gives me a black screen or an exception error in

256 color mode, or a mostly black screen with scrambled graphics in TC mode.

Thanks, and thanks for a great game. I only got as far as the Lighthouse, gotta figure out the

combination, but it sure looks and sounds good. :)

strange, it works on my CT60 under Mint and under TOS in 256 colors mode, and 2 friends of mine tested it on a ct60+ctpci+radeon in true color mode, it works for them too

do you have the same problem with other game or app on your ct60 ? might be a stability problem ?

you just can't run the true color version of elansar without a ct60, because it need the ctpci + radeon ! (and the .app is compiled for 060 so it will crash on 030)

Edited by Orion_

Ah, then I need to go back and double-check what I did because I most certainly do not have a Radeon. :)

As far as other software goes, I run stuff from the demoscene(s) all the time with no problems, and 256

color games like Ishar3 work fine.

Thanks, I'll post back if I discover anything. (and its not that big a deal because it will work with the CT60

disabled - just a matter of flipping a toggle switch on my case here). :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...