IGNORED

System Changer

Rik

First, sorry if this was posted in the wrong thread, wasn't quite sure where to post.You see, i have a chance to buy a 2600 System Changer for my Intellivision 2.The thing is unboxed, and in mint condition, and the guy wants $75.00 CDN for it.I tried looking on eBay for an idea of what they're going for and couldn't find one.Is $75 too much? I am not saying it isn't worth it, but i don't want to over pay either, thanx guys.

Since you don't want to say it, I'll say it: it isn't worth it. :-D :P

I'm sure to some people it's worth it, but I wouldn't go higher than $50, and even for that, it'd better be *pristine.* If he wants $75, he needs to sweeten the pot a little.

I got mine for $25 or $30, loose. It isn't mint (technically, by definition, nothing without its box CAN be) but it's still in very nice shape.

Intellivision hardware in general is trending at fairly absurd prices lately, though. It may be a while before you see one for a lower price. But if he REALLY wants to sell it, he'll come down if he sits on it long enough.

• Like 1

Thanks for the replys so far.Like i thought, $75 is way too much, he can keep it.I just realised he was trying to sucker me in, since im pretty sure he already over charged me for CIB, both shrink wrap removed, Truckin and Ice Trek.I paid like, well im too embarassed to say, but it was WAAAY too much.

Rik,

Any games you are looking for, try asking here first.

There is a really supportive community here and a lot of the collectors here have extra copies of the games that they will part with at really good prices.

Any of us who collect have overpayed for things in the past, its part if the game.

The group here though really likes to try to help people not get gouged while trying to collect for this system.

• Like 1

Thanks for the replys so far.Like i thought, $75 is way too much, he can keep it.I just realised he was trying to sucker me in, since im pretty sure he already over charged me for CIB, both shrink wrap removed, Truckin and Ice Trek.I paid like, well im too embarassed to say, but it was WAAAY too much.

Don't feel bad, both those games can be hard to find in really nice shape. As ghsqb said, most of us have highly overpaid for INTV stuff in the past. In fact, back to the original topic, I once paid $225 for a sealed Atari Changer. :-o In fact, if the boxes you have are minty I'd be willing to take them as upgrades and make it worth your while. :)

• Like 1

Well thanks for the kind replys.I do have to say, the guys games were all boxed, which were in mint to fair condition box wise, and all complete with original manuals and everything.I do remember picking a "Scooby-Doo" game and "Thin Ice" and a bunch of other games that i've never seen in the wild before.I picked out like 12-15 of these games and the total price came to $300-325.I think i had some fairly decently rare ones in there.When i asked why the price was so much, he said i picked out all the real good ones he had, that were also pretty hard to find.I really haven't been up on what Intellivision games are going for, i sense the demand is pretty high for Intv games, thus the prices going up.Can anyone kindly refer me to a fairly up to date price guide for all INTV games?, i'd like to have an idea what the rarity is so i can at least know for sure a game marked as rare and hard to find is indeed just that.Like was recommended. i'll look here at AA 1st, next time. :) ;) :thumbsup:

Edited by Rik

Don't feel bad, both those games can be hard to find in really nice shape. As ghsqb said, most of us have highly overpaid for INTV stuff in the past. In fact, back to the original topic, I once paid $225 for a sealed Atari Changer. :-o In fact, if the boxes you have are minty I'd be willing to take them as upgrades and make it worth your while. :)

Okay, i figure i shouldn't feel too embarassed, i'll reveal what i paid.I paid $45 each for Truckin and Ice Trek.Both CIB, but shrink wrap removed on both (opened).

Well thanks for the kind replys.I do have to say, the guys games were all boxed, which were in mint to fair condition box wise, and all complete with original manuals and everything.I do remember picking a "Scooby-Doo" game and "Thin Ice" and a bunch of other games that i've never seen in the wild before.I picked out like 12-15 of these games and the total price came to $300-325.I think i had some fairly decently rare ones in there.When i asked why the price was so much, he said i picked out all the real good ones he had, that were also pretty hard to find.I really haven't been up on what Intellivision games are going for, i sense the demand is pretty high for Intv games, thus the prices going up.Can anyone kindly refer me to a fairly up to date price guide for all INTV games?, i'd like to have an idea what the rarity is so i can at least know for sure a game marked as rare and hard to find is indeed just that.Like was recommended. i'll look here at AA 1st, next time. :) ;) :thumbsup:

I don't think there's a very up to date price guide that's better than those of us here on AA! :) why don't you give us your games list and we'll give you our thoughts. For an average price of $20-25 each I'm hoping he didn't put one over on you. Truckin at $45 isn't bad at all. Ice Trek at that price is high.

Unfortunately, I believe that it may be a better time to sell a system changer than to buy. The last two loose ones went pretty high on eBay, IMO.

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3007242699471?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=300724269947&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER] $71

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3307432973591?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=330743297359&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER] $61

I personally would price them (buying) around $35-40 loose and $50+ boxed.

Offer 40 take it or leave it is my opinion.......and that is being generous.

If you are looking for specific things Rik, I know you are local to me. I am out of collecting (everything) for the Intellivision now, and am willing to let some of my rarer stuff go for fair prices....depending on the item of course......

D2K will be ready for sale complete in box in a few weeks probably.......you can come by and get one......the place is a little more organized than during your last visit. :-)

• Like 1

Offer 40 take it or leave it is my opinion.......and that is being generous.

If you are looking for specific things Rik, I know you are local to me. I am out of collecting (everything) for the Intellivision now, and am willing to let some of my rarer stuff go for fair prices....depending on the item of course......

D2K will be ready for sale complete in box in a few weeks probably.......you can come by and get one......the place is a little more organized than during your last visit. :-)

Okay, thanks for the heads up, i will see you soon.