IGNORED

Ebay forcing sellers to charge free shipping?

Rev

I was going to list a few things today and had a message from Ebay. Now I thought I had very good feedback and DSR ratings overall, and I have a 100% rating and have had very few problems on Ebay and almost of my auctions in the past 6 months I added tracking to the auction for the buyer to track himself. Also I dont overcharge, alot of the items I sell are in the mandatory shipping cost of like 4.00 anyway. ANd I dont charge like 30.00 and then sell the item for 1.00 like some people. But reading this message from Ebay I dont know why I even bother with it.....

Ebay message:

We'd like to help you improve your selling performance, so that you can avoid limits and continue to list at the same volume.

Based on your ratings, we recommend you focus on charging reasonable shipping and handling, and shipping promptly and updating your buyers.

Charging reasonable shipping and handling

In today's online market, buyers expect to pay actual shipping costs or to get free shipping.

To meet buyers' expectations: - Charge the least amount you can for shipping and handling, or offer free shipping. - Once you set your shipping cost, stick to it. Don't add to or change any fees after setting them.

Edited by revolutionika