IGNORED

Someone here must have the Wii YouTube forwarder channel...

phaxda

All I want is for my wife to be able to watch stupid cat videos and such on YouTube from the main Wii channel screen. I have searched for a forwarder channel for my homebrew'ed Wii because I know one exists but all the links are broken or to stupid YouTube videos of l33t hackzoroz dudes who have installed it on their Wii and don't want to provide a .wad link because they are the only ones kewl enuf to have it. I don't have time for this...stuff. I am old and cranky and the abuses of the English language I am seeing searching old forum posts are also giving me heartburn.

Yes, I know the forwarder just redirects to the YouTubeXL page via Opera. That's what I want. All links I have found are dead. If someone has a moment to PM me with help you would become one of my favorite people. Instantly.

She does not like WiiMC, too many steps. It's installed and I have no problem using it, but remember this is for my wife who wants to hit one big button and go to YouTube. No muss, no fuss, just like the way she does Netflix.

It would be nice if they had released a specific YouTube channel, like they did with the XBOX 360. Playing videos through Opera is extremely choppy unless you have massive borders around the screen, and I've noticed that if you watch too many, it starts to act funny until you clear the cache, heh.

I couldn't find any BootOpera forwarders(which is what you'll need, you can put a url in the cfg of bootopera and it will go to it), but ModMii (http://gbatemp.net/t...-support-topic/) can help you make a forwarder wad, I've never done it before but Modmii is easy to use. Remember to download bootOpera from the homebrew browser.

Edit: In only 3 minutes, I made a forwarder, but it's just a DOL. (https://sites.google...tarw/Youtube.7z) However, as long as your wife can remember, you could take a WAD forwarder for another app and just put the Dol I made in the folder the Forwarder normally looks for.(Such as putting in a folder named "USBloader" for a CFGusbloader forwarder, since those ones are the most common.) Don't forget you'll need a WAD manager and IOS236 and all that junk.

Still a little too much though when Nintendo could have just supported the Wii more and made a Youtube channel...

Edited by FireStar