IGNORED

Overlays R US

Well, we said we would do a Gatefold box...................did it!!!!

Now, I am turning my atention to overlays..........we are going to do authentic overlays.......but, one of the problems with overlays is the cost of small runs.

So, my question is; Do we have any overlay designs that need printing? I am open to submissions/requests.

Does Roger want to let some of his designs be re-printed?

Does anyone know where he is?

Well, we said we would do a Gatefold box...................did it!!!!

Now, I am turning my atention to overlays..........we are going to do authentic overlays.......but, one of the problems with overlays is the cost of small runs.

So, my question is; Do we have any overlay designs that need printing? I am open to submissions/requests.

Does Roger want to let some of his designs be re-printed?

Does anyone know where he is?

Great news! Given that the gentleman in the UK seems to be selling quite a few OL reproductions as well as some originals I would guess there's a market for a few different ones. Ideally the prices would be lower too as the idea of paying $5-15 for a pair of OL's doesn't make sense to me. How big a run do you need to make this economically viable?

Unfortunately Roger seems to be MIA. I've tried a couple of times to contact him and have not received a response. I suspect he wouldn't want his OO's to be reproduced even though I'm pretty sure there would be a decent sized market for them. Existing OO owners probably wouldn't be thrilled either especially if they had recently paid top dollar at auction to buy some.

I'll have to give it more thought as to whether there are any in particular that need to be made/remade (River Raid immediately comes to mind given how crappy they are). I must admit, I do like some of the designs the UK seller has come up with.

What about a "new" Orphan Overlay set?

There are a lot of talented people here, I'm sure we could create a new set for select titles!

I'd definitely buy a few copies of a set like that.

This. :thumbsup: (Welcome back by the way. :) )

@sqoon the Roger that is discussed above is psycho stormtrooper.

it would certainly be possible to reproduce those overlays, but I think that most folks that would produce overlay sets have too much respect for Roger than to reproduce his work with out his consent.

That's why I mentioned a "new" Orphan Overlay set (the name psycho stormtrooper gave to his set).

I contacted psycho stormtrooper a few years back, asking permission to post scans of his overlays on a gaming database I was working on. He was ok with that at that time. Maybe just asking him would do the trick?

I bought all of Roger's remaining INTV stuff last year, including some complete sheets of OO's and tons of other development materials and I asked him about making more OO sets and he said that he had an agreement/approval with Keith and that it had ran out and that more sets should not be produced. I've tried on numerous occasions to get a hold of Roger and unfortunately he has disappeared seemingly. Since the guy in the UK has been making overlays I'm guessing it's OK to do so although I wouldn't suggest using Roger's designs, rather some new artwork could be created. I was actually considering making posters from the overlay sheets and may still do so.

Let's do some overlay art for games that Intellivision Productions doesn't have the rights to.....games that they DO have the rights to and no overlays made, are fair game in my opinion.....I don't see a problem doing alternative overlays for existing games as well. If there are some creative people out there who want to do overlays, now is the time. I am not promising not to make a profit on it, (As this is a big investment for me and I am not a non profit organization).....but I won't be gouging at 15 a set.

• 3 weeks later...

I'd love to get replacement overlays for my many cart only games that I have. I have most in box complete, but prefer not to use them and wear them out. I have many boxed complete games, and most as doubles with the second being a cart only.