IGNORED

Upcoming Intellivision Game: Minehunter - Box Art Revealed

Rev

Im really liking the Elektronite box designs.

http://www.intellivi...ox-art-revealed

Nice artwork! I'm one of late comers so I missed this game the first time around. Glad to see that I'll get the chance to own this one as well.

I think there are a lot of people that missed it the first time and don't feel like spending over a hundred on it.

Now that our 'look' is set......I have been pondering doing a D1K Arcade box.

I am thinking black....silver waves......with unused D2K manual art for the cover....and do a D1K overlay from an unused D2K design......

Just toying with the idea. It could be printed out and glued to a gatefold box....or we could print it if there is enough interest. Of course, we have to see how our first two games sell. Sales haven't actually been breath taking.....well, they have been...... but not in a good way. lol

I am thinking black....silver waves......with unused D2K manual art for the cover....and do a D1K overlay from an unused D2K design......

Just toying with the idea. It could be printed out and glued to a gatefold box....or we could print it if there is enough interest. Of course, we have to see how our first two games sell. Sales haven't actually been breath taking.....well, they have been...... but not in a good way. lol

Black? Silver? I'm in! :) ultimately I'll be buying three or four copies of each of these. Not sure if you can answer this but how many copies do you need to sell to make this worthwhile?

Yeah, I'm curious about how many copies on average need to be sold too. Just a ballpark figure. I know sometimes people don't like to give out figures. Plus I think we all know releasing games is not cheap. And no one wants to go In the hole for what is basicly a nIche hobby more or less if you think about it. I will prob get like 3 to 4 of every new boxed intv release. So right there is like 8 guaranteed sales from me and Cmart alone. Plus I think a few other people buy multiple copies as well . Also remember some people only get boxed copies and are waiting for that . Once the boxed copy is released I will go on an advertising blitz for you too. Hopefully that works !

Probably a few hundred......some people seem so hung up on overlays.......some on the box....some on the price.....seems to be lots of reasons people have not to buy the games...

The problem is, circuit boards aren't cheap.....nor is printing in small numbers....and overlays.....what a pain in the rear....

We went into this convinced that there were more than a few hundred people who were interested in new Intellivision games. They would buy a new Intellivision game it if they just knew about it......well, it is too early to declare defeat, but we will see what the real market is like when we get boxed product out.

There are a lot of reasons to buy D2K Arcade. It is a whole different game. Sure, it has D1K in it, but that was more or less supposed to be a bonus. It doesn't mean you won't like D2K......There are 5 new screens and 9 screens in total in the cart.....not to mention that it talks with No Intellivoice required!

Anyhow, we appreciate the support.

Willy,

May I suggest two reasons for the slow sales. First is the price. I understand why you've raised the prices lately, I'm not suggesting that is wrong; only that it is a factor. I'm relatively new to this community, but I understand that previous Intellivision home-brewed titles went for anything from $35 to $45, the cheaper being just the cart and manual.

The second factor is the confusion over the packaging. Announcing a "premium" and a "budget" release simultaneously, but staggering their delivery, may have had some hand at this as well. You may have hoped that people would just buy the cartridge-only release first with the expectation of purchasing the gate-fold box and overlays later, using the former to fund the latter; but it's become apparent that people had different expectations.

Moreover, there's also the added stress of "choosing the right one." That's just the nature of the beast in any retail operation: the bigger the selection, the more pressure a person has to make sure their decision to choose one over the others is correct.

You tried to mitigate this by explaining that both game versions are identical, and that we could even purchase the budget release and buy the rest of the assets later to upgrade it to the premium package. However, this took many posts on a rather long thread. Moreover, there's no price advantage in purchasing the pieces separately, so with just a bit more wait you can get the full product.

I know I'm waiting for the premium package, as are many others. This may not seem perfectly rational, but it's human nature.

Ultimately, you'll have to wait until the premium release is done and judge with that. I do wish you luck and hope that you continue bringing quality games to our community.

-dZ.