IGNORED

Service Manual for UK Intys

Purdy

First post for me so just like to say 'Hi' to you all and thanks for providing a great source of Inty expertise and info!

It's really good to see so much interest in the Intellivison, and to know that there are still so many active Inty enthusiasts.

I plugged in my own beloved (1979 bought) Inty recently and was most disappointed when it failed to fire up properly.

A search for schematics/service sheet only turned up the Service Manual for the 2609 which I assume is the USA model, but mine is UK PAL and is model 1591.

There's an extra board in the UK model which user Avatario posted about on this forum, and suggested it was for video encoding, but it seems no-one was able to point him towards any further info.

The question I have is: Is there any knowledge about UK spec Intys out there? Any one seen a service manual for a UK Inty or a link to one?

BTW I have the Inty working again, by picking up a couple of cheap 'for spares or not working' units on eBay....I would advise any owner to do this so they have a source of spares for future use.

Swapping the logic board got things working, but I do hope to get my original board working again eventually.

It was interesting to see minor differences between the units too.

Thanks.

I'd be curious to see also. The Inty PAL has an entire extra daughterboard for PAL modulation. I suspect the SECAM variant has the same mainboard and a different daughtercard. If any of the European service manuals turn up, I'd be greatly interested as well.

Post any finds in this thread. I'm following it. :-)

I own a german service manual. But the german Inty is different from the UK version.

I'd be interested to have a look at it but only if you don't mind scanning it in.

The only schematics in it is the ac/dc part.

The main difference between the UK 1591 and the german 5370 model seems to be the channels that are the rf out transmits (uk channel 30-32 UHF, german channel 3-4 VHF).