IGNORED

D2K Video Game Critic review up

The box is scheduled to be delivered on July 4th......will there be fireworks? :-)

Maybe earlier......once that happens, I'll be getting the overlays printed.....If all goes well, we might be shrinkwrapping games in less than 4 weeks....

As long as the D1K Arcade sale works out, we will be over the hump.

The video game critic gave my game, D2K, an A+… Now, if more people were actually buying the game. ;-)

http://videogamecrit...ext=36927#DK_II

Congrats Carl, well deserved! :thumbsup: I was talking to Rev and I think this may be one of the best, if not the best homebrew made for any system to date, bar none. :-o You deserve any and all kudos you receive. As for the game sales, I think once people see the full packaging and Rev whores himself on every classic gaming system website known to man your sales will be fine. That, and I'll buy a bunch of them. :-D Maybe you could take it a step beyond shrinkwrapping and put together sealed six pack boxes like BITD. JK...sort of. :cool:

Thank you everyone for your kind words. It's great to know that everyone thinks so highly of the game.

I'm also curious to hear your thoughts, hopefully now that you've been able to play it for a while. How far have you gotten? Is it addictive? Do you feel as if your skills have improved? Does the Twisted Girders board constantly torment you? ;-)

I noticed that the Video Game Critic's score was only 11,000 for Game 2. I'm pretty sure he couldn't have cleared more than the first two boards with that score…

I think I'm a pretty good DK player, but honestly I have not been able to clear the three rounds (levels) of boards necessary to make it up to The Eliminator. Of course, I work around using a cheat code and test all the levels thoroughly.

My son has been able to do it twice, and he even beat The Eliminator level once when he was only eight years old. :-)

Screenshots are welcome, as well as gameplay videos!

Carl

Wow! Congratulations, Carl, on such a glowing review! Your game sounds like an instant classic, a gem, and I can't wait to get my copy and play it.

I can just hope my own game garners half as much praise as yours. You've definitely set the bar high. :)

-dZ.

What is the cheat code?

I'm afraid that's the secret. ;-) Even if you found it, the game is programmed NOT to register your score as a high score, so it can never be used in high-scoring competitions. I will give you one clue… FALCON'S MAZE. ;-)

Wow! Congratulations, Carl, on such a glowing review! Your game sounds like an instant classic, a gem, and I can't wait to get my copy and play it.

I can just hope my own game garners half as much praise as yours. You've definitely set the bar high.

-dZ.

Thanks.

And I'm sure your game will do very well… It's very creative and original boasts some very impressive animation. It makes me wish that I had spent a little longer and added some neat intermissions to D2K as well.

Carl

I'm afraid that's the secret. ;-) Even if you found it, the game is programmed NOT to register your score as a high score, so it can never be used in high-scoring competitions. I will give you one clue… FALCON'S MAZE. ;-)

Tic-Tac-Toe? Joshua? Global Thermonuclear War?

I know the cheat code and dont understand the clue! lol

The clue is a line from the movie WarGames. When David Lightman is trying to hack into the WOPR computer, his hacker friends tell him to go directly through "Falken's Maze."

Edited by DZ-Jay

CPE1704TKS?

Good guess! ;-)

Actually, it isn't really a number in the movie. I meant that if you use David Lightman's technique, you can probably figure out the code. And yes, it is entered in the same way…

I love the movie WarGames, by the way. I remember trying to re-create the simulation on my TRS 80 Model I. I'd bring the program into class and then as the Russians, type the names of my friends, etc. (to freak them out), and watch the little missile come careening in to blow them up… ;-)

Good fun for the time.

Carl

PS and you're right, it is "Falken". Just have to train my voice recognition software to remember that…

CPE1704TKS?

Good guess! ;-)

Actually, it isn't really a number in the movie. I meant that if you use David Lightman's technique, you can probably figure out the code. And yes, it is entered in the same way…

I love the movie WarGames, by the way. I remember trying to re-create the simulation on my TRS 80 Model I. I'd bring the program into class and then as the Russians, type the names of my friends, etc. (to freak them out), and watch the little missile come careening in to blow them up… ;-)

Good fun for the time.

Carl

PS and you're right, it is "Falken". Just have to train my voice recognition software to remember that…

I love it too, which is why I recognized it immediately (now I have to watch it again tonight!).

Now... I wonder if Carl's biography and family history is available in microfiche at the local library... Time to start digging! :)

-dZ.

Even if we figure out the code. Where and how do we enter it? Same process as the voice codes?

Funny, the only way to win is not to play...

David Lightman chose "tic-tac-toe" to teach Joshua about futility… But I think a far more effective approach would have been to slap a D2K cartridge into the WOPR. Would have fried him in seconds! :-)

Carl