IGNORED

Prototype Stuff

I am thinking that I will probably take some advice given here, and auction off the D2K Arcade prototype materials

These include the while blank gatefold, the D2K proof gatefold....the original d2k manual with slightly different art that I used to shop for a printer.....the one with the lines around the pages like the Mattel manuals (they had to be ditched to look more professional)....and the original printout test cart sticker...(which is too small) .plus the cart shell example that I stuck the first sticker to.....(it is defective and you have to put it in a machine upside down when the cart is installed in it)......and I think that we will do a programming printout of menu graphics for D1K signed by Carl.

That being said, i wanted to let you collector's know about a couple of other 'prototype' stuff I am going to possibly auction.

Some of you probably don't know that Carl and I pretty much have been around since the 'beginning'. Carl wrote the very first emulator for the Intellivision.....he used prototype Truckin' and Popeye programs that were taken off of proper Roms by Sean Kelly. You see, back in the 90s, there were no dumps of Intellivision games floating about. I met Carl on usenet, and was amazed at this DOS program he was writing to emulate the Intelliviison.........he was reverse engineering the Intellivision. The only problem was, that he didn't have many games to reverse engineer,....and he didn't have the exec, or graphic rom on the Intellivision. He was looking for a person to get the games, exec and grom into the computer so he could continue his work. That is where I came in. Now, I am no techie.....but I have a very clever friend I asked about it. He said 'it would be trivial'.....so, I asked him to prove it......we went to our local college and found an Osborne book on the GI Chipset......we tore apart one of my Intellivisions....and an Intellivision 2.......stole the cart slot...built a cart dumper..........popped the Exec...Grom....and a bunch of games into the reader.....my friend Scott Nudds, built the software for the cart reader. Within a short time, we delivered the Exec, Grom, Every game, and even the ECS Exec!

After that, we built an interface called INTV2PC that worked with his emulator. This allowed us to attach real Intellivision controllers to the PC and play games like baseball using real hand controllers!

Eventually, he showed it to Keith Robinson who then ran out and purchased the rights to the Intellivision, started Intellivision Productions, and released Carl's emulator. So, pretty much every rom floating about, came from my Intellivision. I think I have the cart reader somewhere (I don't think it is operational condition right now).....and the motherboards to the two Intellivisions we tore apart......again, not sure if I have them, but I think they are somewhere in the house.....they have some 'historical' significance in the Intellivision world......and the hand wired version of INTV2PC which only two exist.......

Perhaps there might be some interest in these items?