IGNORED

So i'll probably be getting another wii soon...

xg4bx

i had one a few years ago and got rid of it but considering how relatively cheap they are now it would be silly of me not to get another one. from my first go-around there were definitely games i enjoyed that fit my tastes like the resident evil titles, metroid prime, some of the smaller horror titles like cursed mountain. i've been eyeballing donkey kong returns, epic mickey, metroid: other m and a few others for when i get another wii. have there been any other games released in the past 2 or 3 years i should look into? i'm in the mood for platformers, hack n' slashers and "different" games.

Rayman Origins, that is obviously if you don't already have it for any other consoles. If you don't have this game or have never played it, you should. This is my second favorite platformer of all time behind Gex Enter the Gecko. The difficulty I think is just right. You don't really have to worry about lives but it's STILL challenging. If you were to get only one game, get this if you don't already have it.

Skyward Sword I've been really enjoying. I thought it'd be just another Zelda game, but they made a few really nice improvements. You can put a "waypoint" on the map and the help from your partner is MUCH more informative this time around so I doubt you'll ever be clueless on what to do next. The sword play is pretty good and follows your motions pretty accurate for the most part.

Donkey Kong Returns is tough,you may already know this, but it's fun. It's another game similar to New Super Mario Bros. Wii where an AI character will play through the level for you, without getting any of the goodies for you, but after you die eight or more times.

Other M I've enjoyed given how much Team Ninja screwed it up in some parts, mostly the story. The gameplay is fun and reminds me of classic Metroid games. I'm still hoping to see a Metroid or Super Metroid Rebirth someday.

For "different" games I'd check out Madworld (VERY cheap used), No More Heroes 2 (Nice NES style mini games that gives you cash for upgrades), and Red Steel 2.

Edited by xenomorpher

Madworld has been getting a lot of mentions here lately. I haven't tried it, but it will definitely be my next purchase after I finish the current games I'm working on.

I can't think of a whole lot asides from what you have already mentioned, but that's because I'm sort of catching up with the library myself. DKC Returns is a no-brainer, and an absolutely awesome game. Supposedly they will be dropping the official price on it soon. Punch-Out is excellent as well--pretty cheap these days since it's a Nintendo Selects title. Sin & Punishment Star Successor is good, too, if you like semi on-rails shooting gameplay. Outside of that, I can't say too much more other than I didn't care much for Metroid Other M (but I only played it for an hour or so), and Super Mario Galaxy is pretty sweet (picked up the NS version about a month ago and am about 3/4 the way through it now).

Not sure how long the sale will last but you can get Metroid: Other M from NewEgg for $8.99 with free shipping.

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16878190162

If you have any interest at all in the Lego games.... some of which are actually pretty fun..... you can get the newest Lego Harry Potter game from Amazon for $14.99

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0051TL964/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=atariage&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B0051TL964

Mendon

Can't be said enough... if you get/have a Wii, hack it. Even if you don't install wacky stuff, you can patch games to re-map controls.

DK Country is much better when you can play it like the snes game, rather than shaking the controller to attack.

• Like 3

This reminds me, I have a half dozen older white working units and no cords. I really need to get some video and power and sell these buggers off.

Monoprice sells component cables for $2.60 each, and power supplies for $5, so that would be about $55 with shipping for 6 power supplies and 6 video hookups.

Can't be said enough... if you get/have a Wii, hack it. Even if you don't install wacky stuff, you can patch games to re-map controls.

DK Country is much better when you can play it like the snes game, rather than shaking the controller to attack.

I cant say how much this is true.

MUCH better,

Are you getting a used Wii? As far as I know Nintendo still makes 'em, but around here it's damn near impossible to find the original units with Gamecube compatibility. Just a heads up.

Try looking at Zellers or some place like that. I tend to find some pretty ancient models for consoles/handhelds there long after most other places have sold out.

Of course the reason for that is because they tend to keep trying to charge full launch price for the items most of the time....

so i went to gamestop yesterday to take advantage of their buy 2 get 1 sale this weekend. i ended up spending way too much money but i walked out with-

used wii-black with motion plus. the lack of gc compatibility is irrelevant to me

batman:brave and the bold (very charming game with old school gameplay)

the conduit 1&2

donkey kong country returns (awesome)

epic mickey

dead space extraction

goldeneye

kirby's epic yarn

luxor 3 (the girl picked it out)

metroid:other m

rayman origins

sin&punishment star successor

i ended up playing until i was nauseas and had to lay down lol. i have to say that rayman origins is possibly the most beautiful game i've ever played. the graphics, the music, the humor and just the sheer joy of movement is pretty much unlike anything i've ever played before.

there were a couple others i had wanted but they were either caseless wonders or they simply didn't have them.

• Like 2