IGNORED

Nice NES find today

Ridenmy65

I walk into one of the local places that I look for games at just the right time today. They are putting up about 60 new NES games. As I am watching this guy put the games up I am noticing that he is taking them out of the sleeves, putting the game on the shelf and throwing the sleeve (and instructions) back into his bin. I asked the guy what he was going to do with the sleeves and he says he is throwing them away. He also said he was throwing away the instructions to about 15 games. I asked him if I could have them and he went back to ask someone apparently higher in the food chain them him and he came back and said for 5 cents each I could have them. I got 41 sleeves and 15 game instructions for a total of 2.05.

Not too bad, 5 minutes later and all of those sleeves and instructions would of been toast.

I also picked up three pretty nice games for 1.99 each. They are Mega Man 6, Dragon Warrior III and Miracle Piano.

Needless to say it was a good score. None of the instructions were for those 3 games though. :(

Angelo

Yeah, I asked the hired help at a Software etc. store if they ever got manuals in to accompany the games. To my amazement the reply was, the manuals are thrown away when the games come in. We don't want to be bothered with them! I told them I'd pay for the manuals but it didn't make any difference. I continued "just throw them in a box and I'll come pick them up". But to no avail. This is making original manuals incredibly rare.