IGNORED

INTV photocopies

OK, so I think I already have my answer, but I wanted to consult the tribunal.

So I'm going through my INTV games (white labels, b&w manuals) and noticed a Thunder Castle manual that is crisp and white, thicker paper, and printed off-center compared to my other ones. I suspect it's a photocopy. Then again, I have heard of odd things happening at the end of production lines when supplies run out at different rates. I'm always upgrading my collection, but would like to keep all original. The Thunder Castle manual is my nicest one, but I really don't want my best copies to be photocopies.

I also came across some label variations, but I suspect that these would also be fairly easy to copy and maybe someone just wanted to replace a bad label.

I have checked INTV Funhouse and Intellivision.us for documented variations of labels and found that there are both bold and thin variations for Thunder Castle, but then I notice a thin one that's printed way off center. Sheesh.

I'll upload some pics to go with this, but feel free to post advice or thoughts. I suppose that in the end, if you can't tell the difference (with copies), who cares?

So here are some pics. The left manual is off center and folded differently than the others. I suspect photocopy.

Thunder Castle variations_1

Here's a closer pic of the labels. I know there are BOLD and THIN variations, but the thin one on the left is centered high. Is it homemade or sloppy work at the Intellivision plant? :-)

Thunder Castle variations_2

From what I can see they're both legit as I have them both. I suspect that they were from a late run of manuals and labels that were just poorly done, although my manual, like yours, is in great shape. The paper stock feels right though. Also, I've included a pic of a variation you may want to keep your eye out for with a barcode on the bottom of the box instead of the Thunder Castle title. :)

post-25458-0-38228600-1340493347_thumb.jpgpost-25458-0-56321900-1340493372_thumb.jpgpost-25458-0-74020500-1340493396_thumb.jpgpost-25458-0-25565700-1340493417_thumb.jpgpost-25458-0-54725700-1340493442_thumb.jpg

I found another on eBay with an off center manual. They all seem to be shifted to the right in the same way. Did you notice if it was folded differently from the others? Small detail :-)

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1809098670501?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=180909867050&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

I suppose that I'll keep is as my best copy. I don't like that it's not centered, but it seems original enough.

Thanks, Cmart, for looking into this for me! I almost feel bad for asking so many questions, but I know you get off on this sort of thing :-D

I found another on eBay with an off center manual. They all seem to be shifted to the right in the same way. Did you notice if it was folded differently from the others? Small detail :-)

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1809098670501?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=180909867050&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

I suppose that I'll keep is as my best copy. I don't like that it's not centered, but it seems original enough.

Thanks, Cmart, for looking into this for me! I almost feel bad for asking so many questions, but I know you get off on this sort of thing :-D

Lol! :) No worries Jason, happy to help, that's what we're all here for anyways, to talk about the INTV right? I didn't think to check how they were folded, easily enough done. I'll let you know.