IGNORED

ZX81 has no sound? So I recorded an album on it. :)

Yo, maybe somebody would be interested.

DOWNLOAD: http://yerzmyey.i-demo.pl/

This is a collection of songs made on ZX81 with TurboSound for ZX81 (two ZonX interfaces - on different ports - to play simultaneously 6 channels).

**ALL** has been written on real ZX81 machine - NO EMULATORS have been USED.

All titles are somehow related with ZX81 machine. ;)

The album is for fans of YM2149 and for AY fans.

ZX81_FRONT.jpg

Tracklist:

01. Yerzmyey - ZX81

02. Yerzmyey - New Line

03. Yerzmyey - UrsULA

04. Yerzmyey - Motherboard Circuit ISSUE ONE

05. Yerzmyey - Break Space

06. Yerzmyey - Earport

07. Yerzmyey - Touch sense

TOTAL TIME: 29:39 min.

Full quality (more/less) 3-pages cover-art to download: http://yerzmyey.i-de...-zx81-cover.zip

INFO:

ZX81 is a British monochrome computer as big as an adult man's hand-palm. It has touch-sense keyboard and 1Kb of RAM only and it's been released in 1981 (American version is Timex 1000 and Timex 1500).

It had a modular construction, so people weren't forced to buy all the hardware in one machine, if they didn't need it. So - if anybody required additional RAM, he could buy 16Kb RamPack or more.

If somebody needed sound - he was able to buy a ZonX sound-module (with YM/AY chip inside).

ZX81_INSIDE.jpg

Finally we decided it's not enough for us. ;) ;) ZonXes are still being produced by various guys. And now - one machine is interesting for our porpose: Mr-X, because it is a through-out device - more interfaces can be connected to it. So - we decided to connect two sound-modules to ZX81 (one of them is on different ports than another) to obtain 6 channels of sound.

And... IT'S ALIVE!!!!!! ;) Yes - You can here listen to 6-channels music composed on real ZX81 32Kb with two YM/AY interfaces (ZXpand-AY and Mr-X). Also I recorded the music from real ZX81 hardware.

To compose the songs I used Andy Rea's "ZX81 SoundTracker" (first I made one half of every song, then the second one, because the SoundTracker for ZX81 can support only one AY chip - 3 channels).

Then I recorded them from the same ZX81 with ZXpand-AY and Mr-X modules (using TurboSound Player).

ZX81_BACK.jpg

Thanx go to Andy Rea for the software (ZX81 SoundTracker, TurboSound Player), also to ZX81 hardware developers: SirMorris (ZXpand and ZXpand-AY) and to Sascha2000 (Mr-X).

If You're interested in news from ZX81/Timex1000/Timex1500 world, then visit us on our forum:

http://www.rwapservi...80_ZX81/forums/

© & (P) 06.2012 by YERZMYEY

Enjoy. ;)

Y

• Like 1

Thanks again, my friends. :) :) :) :)

And about the hardware - and the account ;) - yupp, I am interested in many oldschool platform, including Atari Lynx, Atari ST and Falcon, so I am here, on the Forum, for some time (not too short actually ;) ).

Thx & greetzzzzzz,

Y

Edited by yerzmyey