IGNORED

How long do AtariAge store orders normally take to fill?

I'm relatively nw to Atari, but I have been collecting NES games and other classic consoles (mostly Nintendo) since 2002. I got involved in Nintendoage a while back and have also bought a number of homebrew and repro NES carts in the past from Retro Zone

I placed in order in the store on June 11th for Stella's Stocking and a few other items, but the status is still "pending". On the site, it says orders are usually filled within a week. Well, it's been over two weeks now with no updates. I'm just wondering what experiences other people have had, and if the wait time is normal. My Harmony cartridge shipped almost immediately, but it's not in the main storefront. I've bought homebrew and reproductions of NES games from Retrousb.com and their orders generally arrived within a week. Are all the items in the store stocked, or are they made to order? If so, that would explain the waiting time. I tried emailing the site with my order # last week but I never got a response back from them, so I wanted to know what others experiences were with the AtariAge store. Also, there are a large selection of homebrews available, and I'm not familiar with most of the titles, and I'm curious as to which ones are worth buying, so I'm open to suggestions.

Thanks, I'm looking forward to great games in the future!

I'm relatively nw to Atari, but I have been collecting NES games and other classic consoles (mostly Nintendo) since 2002. I got involved in Nintendoage a while back and have also bought a number of homebrew and repro NES carts in the past from Retro Zone

I placed in order in the store on June 11th for Stella's Stocking and a few other items, but the status is still "pending". On the site, it says orders are usually filled within a week. Well, it's been over two weeks now with no updates. I'm just wondering what experiences other people have had, and if the wait time is normal. My Harmony cartridge shipped almost immediately, but it's not in the main storefront. I've bought homebrew and reproductions of NES games from Retrousb.com and their orders generally arrived within a week. Are all the items in the store stocked, or are they made to order? If so, that would explain the waiting time. I tried emailing the site with my order # last week but I never got a response back from them, so I wanted to know what others experiences were with the AtariAge store. Also, there are a large selection of homebrews available, and I'm not familiar with most of the titles, and I'm curious as to which ones are worth buying, so I'm open to suggestions.

Thanks, I'm looking forward to great games in the future!

Most of the problem is probably related to the release of Boulder Dash, I'm sure it was over 200 games that had to be assembled and shipped. Yeah, just send Al a PM about it.

Normally I try to get orders shipped in about a week, and they are built to order. The past six months things have been slower for me due to my job and other areas of Real Life intruding. The past several weeks in particular I have been busting my ass to get Boulder Dash shipped and I'm nearing the end of that road (having shipped nearly 200 copies of the game since last Thursday). I apologize for the delay and I'll make sure your order goes out tomorrow.

..Al

Normally I try to get orders shipped in about a week, and they are built to order. The past six months things have been slower for me due to my job and other areas of Real Life intruding. The past several weeks in particular I have been busting my ass to get Boulder Dash shipped and I'm nearing the end of that road (having shipped nearly 200 copies of the game since last Thursday). I apologize for the delay and I'll make sure your order goes out tomorrow.

Just doing my own for sale thread in the marketplace and trying to respond to everyone and ship in a timely manner has been stressful when stacked on top of my real job and real life happenings. What you are doing is completely nuts by comparison, and to even be able to do it, man.. All I can say is, we salute you! :D

..Al

Hey, thanks. I did send a message out last week using the "contact us" page, and I included my order number on it, but I never got a reply. Also, I just signed up for the forum two days ago, so I don't really know anyone yet. I would have ordered a copy of bolderdash, but there is some amount of sticker shock with the price tag. I'm not sure why it's so expensive, but I hope it's enough to compensate you for your time and efforts.

..Al

Hey, thanks. I did send a message out last week using the "contact us" page, and I included my order number on it, but I never got a reply. Also, I just signed up for the forum two days ago, so I don't really know anyone yet. I would have ordered a copy of bolderdash, but there is some amount of sticker shock with the price tag. I'm not sure why it's so expensive, but I hope it's enough to compensate you for your time and efforts.

The price is high as it is a licensed copy of the game. First Star is the owner of the rights to Boulder Dash.

..Al

The price is high as it is a licensed copy of the game. First Star is the owner of the rights to Boulder Dash.

im just curious... the 5200 boulderdash also is a licensed copy of the game... it cost 40.00 cib. ?????

Or, if you have an NES, you can get a CIB copy for 22.95, but it won't be the same game:

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1608303421091?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=160830342109&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Seriously though, quit dumping on Bolderdash. Thee programmers worked very hard on this title, as it is considerably larger and more expansive than any 2600 game before it. I just wished the demo worked on my Harmony. (yes, I've read the thread about why it doesn't already, as it uses too much RAM).

• Like 1

] im just curious... the 5200 boulderdash also is a licensed copy of the game... it cost 40.00 cib. ?????

Really? They must have made a better deal than we did then.

There were also many fewer people involved. Also, I imagine it was a straightforward port of the Atari 8-bit version of the game, instead of a completely new version of the game from scratch. There are various reasons this game is expensive, and it's certainly not about price gouging. The parties involved, and especially Thomas and Andrew, are making a pittance relative to the sheer number of hours they've invested in Boulder Dash.

..Al

Technically Boulder Dash shouldn't even be possible on the 2600. Other systems have hardware support for tiles: you, the dirt, the boulders, etc.. The 2600 was meant to play PONG. That's it. Two sprites, two missiles and one awesomely square ball.

Not only is the cart augmented to support displaying tiles but the programming techniques are novel. This is not a port. This is new hardware and coding making a PONG machine compete with the PC, NES and 5200. It's worth every penny out of that $81 price tag.

Edited by theloon

• 4 months later...