IGNORED

Hmmmm embarassing question

snstay

Hey all, i have a modded 2600 and my s-video socket was getting loose.

So i tore it apart and put some super glue on it.

Well being a dumb-ass i put the s-video cable back in without letting it thoughly dry. And now lol my cable is stuck in the socket. Is there an easy way to get it out without ruining the system.

It still works but i dont want a 6ft. s-video cable piggybacking on my system like some leech.

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Scott

(I know ive opened myself up for alot of jokes but try to keep them to a minimum :P )

It could have been worse...at least you didn't super glue your hand to your winkie! :rolling:

Seriously though, the only way to break up super glue is with nail polish remover w/ acetone or, better yet, acetone all by itself. To use this, I would carefully do the following:

1.) unplug the system from power and also the television (s-video).

2.) apply acetone w/ a q-tip to the glued area and let it sit for 45 seconds to a minute.

3.) gently try to wiggle the s-video cable to break the glue bond

4.) once separated, clean excess glue off with more acetone (very sparingly...that stuff can easily hurt the plastic.

5.) once all unwanted glue is removed, clean off the acetone from the plastic with water and dish soap (be sure to use a q-tip, to avoid getting any of the metal contacts wet).

6.) if the metal was exposed to acetone or soapy water, clean thouroughly with an electric parts cleaning solution.

7.) let the whole system dry out overnight (just to be extremely cautious).

8.) test system the next day