IGNORED

JagFreeCD vs old CD Bypass

ctsnlc

hi !

during the JC2K3, i tried different configuration of CD bypass, here are the results:

NativeDemo/Demolition Man & my own burned CD are working fine with my bypass (Bypass binary burned into the JagCD 27c020)

on the over hand, my own CD don't work with a Jag with PSE/BSG...

so i wonder if the PSE/BSG check to see if the CD is kind of "marked" (say, the CD that don't have a special signature won't boot or) ?

maybe the CDBIOS used by JagFreeCD is a new one ? Reading at a higher speed, so some burned CD may not work ?

looks strange...

Could someone tell me ?

hi !

during the JC2K3, i tried different configuration of CD bypass, here are the results:

NativeDemo/Demolition Man & my own burned CD are working fine with my bypass (Bypass binary burned into the JagCD 27c020)

on the over hand, my own CD don't work with a Jag with PSE/BSG...

so i wonder if the PSE/BSG check to see if the CD is kind of "marked" (say, the CD that don't have a special signature won't boot or) ?

maybe the CDBIOS used by JagFreeCD is a new one ? Reading at a higher speed, so some burned CD may not work ?

looks strange...

Could someone tell me ?

I can't tell without looking at what you did and what your setup was, but JUGS DD Bypass works the same way as the original bypass binary. The Best Electronic Bypass cart works this way as well. These are the only two bypasses that work like the standard CD. The other bypass is some custom code that simulates a CD boot by using CD BIOS calls.

I'm surprised that you found both carts not working, as JUGS DD works exactly like the binary.