IGNORED

5200 HSC Season 5 Round 11 Dreadnaught Factor

zylon

Game 1:

post-21471-0-38631500-1342046766_thumb.jpg

Game 3:

post-21471-0-33071500-1342046887_thumb.jpg

Game 7: I can't believe how tough this one is! Diagonal turrets..yikes?! So far, I've been unable to defeat either the large "bat-wing" or the "diamond" ships. It will take a bit of doing, plus an iron wrist to handle the long term repetitive firing/bombing (using original controller).

post-21471-0-70224100-1342046935_thumb.jpg

I had a few quick goes at Game 1 on Kat5200 i had 2,141 and 2,092

I'm coming up a few hundred points short of everyone else. :(

On first pass, try to wipe out the front guns. Then move to one side and strafe while moving quickly to rear of ship. Next, blow the engines. On most ships, all 4 can be blasted in one pass with some practice. (much, much harder if using A8 version). Finally, blast everything that can be blasted. :)

This method maximizes points both for destruction and distance remaining.

• Like 1

Game 7 - 10,342

Was lucky not to get any of those diamond ships... Haven't figured those monsters out yet!

post-2092-0-32861200-1342275067_thumb.jpg

For me, the worst is the giant tuning-fork one. :(

Game 3

I had a few more goes at game 1 and i got 2,443 two times. :(

Don't blast all the black missile silos. Leave about 2 until making final run. Some of the missiles will regenerate to be shot for more points. Also getting all 4 engines on first pass is crucial to maxing distance points.

Edited by zylon

I died on the Diamond :( I've taken it out as Dread #2, but when it's 4-up, so much crap is coming at you such that without the 'force'...you're doomed! There is a 'tie-fighter' shaped ship that I've yet to take out no matter what order I get it. The silos are so well guarded, you have to destroy nearly every target to get near them. I don't remember seeing the 'tuning fork' shaped one yet. Maybe when I blast past 10K it will show up...:ponder:

post-21471-0-40027900-1342323391_thumb.jpg

I'm really getting how to play this, but I'm a bit sick today, running out of time...

and I got a dreadnaught I never had before.

I came a hairs away from crashing, but made another trip and earned 200+ points extra.

I would say you did pretty darn good J-zu-zu, breaking 9K!! This is the tricky "tie-fighter" inspired ship that also put me away. There is also one that looks similar to the Millenium Falcon. I had to quit because my left arm was in pain :( I'm gonna need the arcade style Starcon joystick to give this game proper treatment...anybody have one of those rascals for sale ? :)

Everyone did pretty good considering that G7 was the hardest level in the game. :thumbsup: Thanks again to all who played. I was pleasantly surprised when I woke up this evening that I had the hat-trick still going. I'm sure next round will be a good contest as well.

FINAL scores Level 7 (difficulty level: You've got to be kidding)-

12,651 zylon +15 (1+3+11)

10,342 sdamon +10

9,646 JacobZu7zu7 +11 (9+2)

8,177 atariron82 +8

7,866 Liduario +8 (7+1)

4,757 roadrunner +6

4,269 peedenmark7 +5

621 jblenkle +4

I'm really getting how to play this, but I'm a bit sick today, running out of time...

I came a hairs away from crashing, but made another trip and earned 200+ points extra.

that's the damn "tuning-fork" looking one that got me a few times. :mad:

Mystery solved! My 'tie fighter' is your 'tuning fork'(I must have Star Wars on the brain). Yes, this one was most challenging. I wonder how many different ships there are in total? Congrats zylon, on the kick a$$ win :thumbsup:

I would say you did pretty darn good J-zu-zu, breaking 9K!! This is the tricky "tie-fighter" inspired ship that also put me away. There is also one that looks similar to the Millenium Falcon. I had to quit because my left arm was in pain :( I'm gonna need the arcade style Starcon joystick to give this game proper treatment...anybody have one of those rascals for sale ? :)

Thanks Mr. Ron... ! I never played this one before... I just figured out, taking out the back engines,

is more important then shooting as much as possible, it's better to go at a slow crawl, and chip away...

then when the heat is really on... fly quickly passed the madness and take out the engines.

getting the engines blown up ASAP helps, so it doesn't get too much distance. :o

It was pretty funny my first few attempts... no clue about strategy. :D

I always wanna read the manuals but I always forget :P

Yeah lol, I had no idea where to stay shooting at, there was three sections of the ship!

The engines were far apart ...

Bombing was tough for me, because I had to hit "Shift" and control left handed with my D-pad,

and hit CANCEL when the STICKY KEYS would show up after every "4 bombs" I dropped.