IGNORED

Programming in "C" on Windows XP

• 2 months later...

Jagulator is more flexible in what you can point it at to load up.

Personally I'd pick the more accurate emulation in Virtual Jaguar over ease of loading in Jagulator any day of the week. You can easily pad ROMs to the size you need using Reboot's JIFFI or create your own custom tools to do the job (like I did) or if really pushed you could even use a hex editor and do it manually.

• Like 1

Personally I'd pick the more accurate emulation in Virtual Jaguar over ease of loading in Jagulator any day of the week. You can easily pad ROMs to the size you need using Reboot's JIFFI or create your own custom tools to do the job (like I did) or if really pushed you could even use a hex editor and do it manually.

Thats not very practical if you just want to see the results of a simple change you made. But to each their own.

Thats not very practical if you just want to see the results of a simple change you made. But to each their own.

And that's why we have batch files. One command, assemble, link, pad, copy to VJ/SOFTWARE, call VJ in alpine mode. It's not rocket science ;)

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Hi,

Most of the hurdles to programming the jag in "C" using windows xp with a standard library available and the Removers library have been solved :-

http://www.jagware.org/index.php?s=&showtopic=1003&view=findpost&p=14826

I have written an "addon" with informations about my modification on jlibc for use on my linux development with vbcc:
using jlibc-0.5.10 with vbcc for Jaguar Development

• Like 2

Hi,

So this is not really a continuation of your work on getting Sebs library working under Windows is it?

Because i am not GroovyBee no, but also a little bit yes. The jlibc did not work on Windows, it work on the Jaguar! But it depends also on the compiler you use.

I have made some changes in the jlibc for use this library with vbcc. You can see these changes as a continuation and we can merge my changes with some missing changes of GroovyBee. I did not take care where the DATA section is located to have a lib for RAM or cartridge use. But this is a minor change in the start.c file. These changes did not depend on the OS of your development system. They only depend on the compiler you use.

Maybe we can add some of the changes in the original package of Seb to allow the use for gcc and vbcc.

But changes for the build process are not in my patch. I work with linux so i was able to use the original makefiles. I have only changes in the makefile for additional files and different settings for vbcc.

Best regards

Michael