IGNORED

dead monitor

Duh! My last backup monitor just died is there an s-video mode for the STe? The STe I have does have RF out but that's super crappy! :rolling:

Keep in mind that, yes, the RF sucks. BUT RF means the system has composite video out. That means you can make a cable and try different RGB to YUV or HDMI converters.

Many require the composite signal to sync. Something a ST with no RF can't provide.

My biggest issue was finding a YUV (component) converter that would support NTSC/PAL and then on top of that the TV had to also support NTSC/PAL.

That is why I like the SC1124 so much. It works and displays everything. :-D

Duh! My last backup monitor just died is there an s-video mode for the STe? The STe I have does have RF out but that's super crappy! :rolling:

Sorry to hear!

What kind of monitors have you had failing? Are these SC1224s? If so, do you know if it was the JVC, Goldstar, or Samsung? Did they give any symptoms, prior to failure?

Thx.

Sorry to hear!

What kind of monitors have you had failing? Are these SC1224s? If so, do you know if it was the JVC, Goldstar, or Samsung? Did they give any symptoms, prior to failure?

Thx.

It's the SC1224 (Goldstar) I know this because it didn't work with my Jag, it just stop working no symptoms, prior to failure.

Edited by walter_J64bit