IGNORED

New to Atari in general. Questions about Jaguar system.

Spartus

As I have said in the topic I am new to Atari in general so if some of these question's sound stupid sorry in advance.

A friend told me about a store about 25 miles from me that sell's older video game's. Virtual Boy, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Sega Genesis, 3DO, NES, SNES...and so on, the woman who own's the shop has a 30 Day Warranty on everything too. After finding the game's I was looking, I was just browsing and came across the Atari Jaguar. So I stopped and looked at it.

It came with the Atari Jaguar Unit & Atari Jaguar CD Unit 3 controllers (2- 3 button, 1-6 button) & 10 games for $150. The games were (all complete):

Bubsy (Cart)

White Men Can't Jump (Cart)

Wolfenstein 3D (Cart)

NBA Jam T.E. (Cart)

Alien vs Predator (Cart)

Zoop (Cart)

Brain Dead 13 (CD)

Myst (CD)

Battlemorph (CD)

World Tour Racing (CD)

Plus there were other lose games which were $5+.

A) Is this worth $150? I am always adding to my video game collection. Seeing how I don't know anything about Atari I wouldn't have a clue.

B) What are the smaller number button's on the controller for?

Thanks,

Jay

That is a FANTASTIC deal, I wish I lived near you! You will be hard pressed (very hard pressed) to find the Jaguar seperately for less than $50 and the Jagcd averages $150 by itself! Plus, some of those games are quite expensive and/or rare, AvP for example, you won't find for less than $50, the 6 button controller is also pretty rare and sells for $40 by itself, those are mostly good games, etc. Even if you don't want the system, buy it and I'll buy it from you for $200 plus shipping! YOU WILL NEVER FIND A BETTER DEAL FOR ALL THAT STUFF!

Wow. I guess I'll head back out there tonight and pick the system up. Can't go wrong with that!

OK, target lock aquired. We'll mug him for the loot when he's coming up his path guys, just wait for the signal! :)

sounds like an awesome deal to me. I found one similar but no way that good cost me around £150 (abbout $225 I think). and it didn't have the controllers, or some of those games. Good find..

As I have said in the topic I am new to Atari in general so if some of these question's sound stupid sorry in advance.  

A friend told me about a store about 25 miles from me that sell's older video game's. Virtual Boy, Sega Saturn, Sega Dreamcast, Sega Genesis, 3DO, NES, SNES...and so on, the woman who own's the shop has a 30 Day Warranty on everything too. After finding the game's I was looking, I was just browsing and came across the Atari Jaguar. So I stopped and looked at it.

It came with the Atari Jaguar Unit & Atari Jaguar CD Unit 3 controllers (2- 3 button, 1-6 button) & 10 games for $150. The games were (all complete):

Bubsy (Cart)

White Men Can't Jump (Cart)

Wolfenstein 3D (Cart)  

NBA Jam T.E. (Cart)

Alien vs Predator (Cart)  

Zoop (Cart)

Brain Dead 13 (CD)  

Myst (CD)

Battlemorph (CD)

World Tour Racing (CD)

Plus there were other lose games which were $5+.  

A) Is this worth $150? I am always adding to my video game collection. Seeing how I don't know anything about Atari I wouldn't have a clue.  

B) What are the smaller number button's on the controller for?  

Thanks,

Jay

That's an awesome deal! If you like older systems in general there are some really great titles there like AvP and battleMorph.

The number keys you asked about serve various purposes depending on the game you are using. Some games have overlays that go over the keypad and add extra controls to the game. Other games use it for codes and passwords.

If the system works that's a steal of a price.

Good luck!

That's an awesome deal! If you like older systems in general there are some really great titles there like AvP and battleMorph.  

The number keys you asked about serve various purposes depending on the game you are using. Some games have overlays that go over the keypad and add extra controls to the game. Other games use it for codes and passwords.

If the system works that's a steal of a price.

Good luck!

Thanks for the answer about the number keys! I went back tonight and picked up the system and the game's. I also picked up Iron Soldier ($5), Theme Park ($10), Troy Aikman NFL Football ($10) and Zool 2 ($5). Everything work's like it's brand-new! What are some game's that you guys would suggest?

Tempest 2000 is probably the best Jaguar game in existence, as well as (IMO at least) one of the best games ever made. As it's one of the more common Jag games to find, you should be able to find it for pretty cheap. There's plenty of other good games for the Jaguar, including Hover Strike: Unconquered Lands (the CD version, not the cartridge).

Oh yeah, and before Thunderbird says it, you'll want to save up some cash and eventually get Battlesphere, the Jag's second best game! :D