IGNORED

room of DOOMED

Godzilla

well, there is a lot of baggage here (that's not dirty clothes, my wife bought a large lot of fabric for a sewing project that never happened and dumped the remnants in my room.) :-)

Not really showing off anything. Two+ years ago my pregnant wife and I moved into our new house, one water birth in our tub

later and we now have a two year old along with pre-existing condition that is now a six year old daughter. In that time I have

never really been able to unpack myself into our house, so this room (in panoramavision,) and a few boxes in the garage and

attic still need attention.

So, a few things... at least half of this stuff represents doubles for a planned museum but it seems painfully obvious to me that

I have not been able to make that happen in the past ten years of wanting it to happen so I'm not pouring any more want into it.

I'd like to get my room back to a functional state and sell off all the extras...

Any ideas/advice on efficacy when tackling something like this? I admit part of my problem is that I look at it and am instantly

intimidated. Also, recovering from a concussion when my car got totaled and my head is not near 100% yet, so maybe I am

a little more out of it than usual as well.

Divergent thought: anyone else who collects and wants to have their game cave, I can make and design custom printed corrugated displays and shelving and could design something specific to us collector nuts. Would that be something anyone would buy or a waste of my time?

Or just bag on me or whatever :-) Thoughts?

post-1570-0-14069100-1342904088_thumb.jpg

Get more into finding cheaper if possible storage and organization techniques. I think ikea has some great cheap cases for a lot of the video game pieces.

I have a Cabinet going across a wall with a display takes up no room, has multiple items ontop of it but has storage underneath for the ugly items or cords, Duplicates Etc.

I am unsure of your budget

But here are a few suggestions

http://www.ikea.com/...ucts/S19874657/

http://www.ikea.com/...ducts/80176298/

Will you have your PC setup in this room as well? because if so craigslist has hundreds usually, for cheap!!! i picked a decent computer desk im using currently for $30 and it has a hutch with storage for reference books and a top shelf for printers and my older Macintosh :)

I would love to help! your room looked like my basement when I came back from college so I completely understand

If you want some help I have IMs etc for easier contact but this is my first go idea.

edit: oh and as well I don't know why but I think on the other side of the door like

|

|. . . /

|____/ |__XX______

This is my terrible door drawing but

where the X is if you can put the arcade there, it gives an odd feeling that its full of games in the room. :P

And hey first impressions when people walk in are everlasting it seems.

Edited by MrAtari2600