IGNORED

Lynx Game List

Michael David Morsette

I finished it... then lost it LOL I have to laugh. So I found out the exact limit on the size of blog entry allowed. After I made the last of the updates and published, the last half of my blog disappeared. So the list is now broken into two entries, and most of the data has been restored. Really only the last few entries and legend were lost. I put the basics back up, and I'll try to finish it.. agian.. tomorrow. Of course it will never really be finished; added details and updates will be ongoing :)

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/3763-forgotten-lynx-vaporware/

You're missing Grid Runner and the above link has some names including some vaporwares, and some which was released under different name.

I do remember seeing a scan from a Lynx catalog that was posted to usenet showing a single screenshot of grid Runner with short text about the game. I don't know if my Lynx catalog has it or not.

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/3763-forgotten-lynx-vaporware/

You're missing Grid Runner and the above link has some names including some vaporwares, and some which was released under different name.

I do remember seeing a scan from a Lynx catalog that was posted to usenet showing a single screenshot of grid Runner with short text about the game. I don't know if my Lynx catalog has it or not.

Thanks for the tip, I added a few. I really want screenshots at least before I add games... though I have made an exception or two if I felt I had something credible, something more than just vaporware.

Rumours persist that a longer version of Dracula was completed. I've heard that a few carts managed to make it out of the collapse of Atari and remain in the hands of collectors to this day. :)

Do you want to include game variants? Loopz has at least two circulated variants (Songbird and pirated), and there appears to be more than one circulating variant of Lode Runner as well.

Rumours persist that a longer version of Dracula was completed. I've heard that a few carts managed to make it out of the collapse of Atari and remain in the hands of collectors to this day. :)

Do you want to include game variants? Loopz has at least two circulated variants (Songbird and pirated), and there appears to be more than one circulating variant of Lode Runner as well.

If I can get a ROM, screenshot or pics of the cart then I'll post any variant I find or you send my way. I am really trying to avoid having just names with no real info posted.I'll look for some info on those you tipped me on (thanks :) ). Anything you have send my way and I'll post it.

• 2 weeks later...

Would be great if you shared the baseball heroes one. I´m not per se a baseball enthusiast but this is the only commercial early 90ies Lynx issue that´s not on AA.

Hmm, there is also an alternative version of Super Asteroids/Missile Command but FWIK only a few carts (10 or so) were home-made from this last year. Striclty speaking, I think it was the Asteroids on it that was different than the commercial issue. There is a topic her esomewhere about it, from last year, wiht screenshots IIRC.

I've got my dump rig working now and re-dumped Baseball Heroes:-

http://www.c5software.co.uk/downloads/bbh.zip

This download might not be available for a very long, so grab it whilst its there and give me a shout if you still need it but cannot obtain it.

No worries, let me know if it works ok. I only tried in handy for 10 mins but assumed its ok as it no longer crashes on title.

Was that the only one missing?

I am going to dump Zaku to play on my GP2X (personal use only as its still commercial) tonight, I just need to alter for 512K carts.

We really need to replace the corrupt BBH on Atari Age with the new dump - I am not sure who manages site downloads?

Would be great if you shared the baseball heroes one. I´m not per se a baseball enthusiast but this is the only commercial early 90ies Lynx issue that´s not on AA.

Hmm, there is also an alternative version of Super Asteroids/Missile Command but FWIK only a few carts (10 or so) were home-made from this last year. Striclty speaking, I think it was the Asteroids on it that was different than the commercial issue. There is a topic her esomewhere about it, from last year, wiht screenshots IIRC.

I've got my dump rig working now and re-dumped Baseball Heroes:-

http://www.c5softwar...wnloads/bbh.zip

This download might not be available for a very long, so grab it whilst its there and give me a shout if you still need it but cannot obtain it.

Wahou ! Very big thank !!! It is unbeliveable !

Since 15 years as the broken rom is on the web I do not think someone could ever provide one day a playable .lnx.

Bravo! Huge congratulations! And thank you!

Edited by rygar

Yes, it works on the GP2X emulator. Thank you again :) WIll try it on the flashcart later.

I know Baseball Heroes is not a rare game, there is no reason not to buy it, and ultimately I will, but it was the only "old" one not on AtariAge so righ tnow it comes as absolutely new to me :)

Great, and you are right, there's still no reason for people not to buy it. I am a firm believer that collectors will always buy an original cart - I am an example of that, I had all of the ROM images but I still bought them all anyway, and I am still collecting. Whilst ive burnt a lot of the stuff in the public domain that I dont have a cart for - eg. Lexis, it won't stop me buying an original - Lexis is an awesome game!!

Baseball Heroes is a good game to have as an original, there are still some opened new copies on EBAY, and it's not overpriced. Nice packaging, nice cart label and nice colourful and cool sounding game.

• 4 months later...

I saw the name for that, you can buy it from this guy:

http://www.freewebstore.org/Vectrom/Atari_Lynx_Games/p1908905_8647432.aspx

Actually the same guy that had that Cip 8 on ebay.

I'll see if I can find more info on it, if you know where the rom is or a info page that would be helpful.

There are several others listed on the page above I'm not real sure about. I think a lot of them are freeware that he is putting on carts, and some look pirated. I'm trying to decide myself if I want to buy from that site or not.

I went ahead and bought "Manga Poker" today on Ebay, since I like collecting stand-alone carts of all Lynx games, plus I like the packaging that he makes for the games. I've never heard of the game before but figured there is probably a ROM of it floating around out there somewhere, but if so, I have no idea where I would find it. I thought that maybe whoever made it simply altered one of the already existing poker games for Lynx and added manga characters to it, but I won't know what it actually is until the game arrives, unless someone else who knows more can give more details about the game.

There are several others listed on the page above I'm not real sure about...

I’m guessing that the games in the list on the above site, which you are not real sure about, are Dynalynx, Manga Poker, and Teenage.

I think “Dynalynx” is a misspelling and should actually be “Dynablaster.” I am fairly confident that this seller is the one who has sold copies of that game in the past, and I know that Atari Smeghead has a cart that was likely made by the same seller (since the packaging seems to give the seller away), as well as a cart for Marble Madness and Rapid Racer = Rapide Race! (http://www.atariage....n/#entry1554046)

Perhaps “Teenage” is also a misspelling of “Teen Dance”?

Edited by BenjaminStevens