IGNORED

I am selling my entire stash of Atari 2600 games and stuff

I can hear the lock clicking on THIS thread as well...

I guess I should just be glad that life hasn't dealt me such a bad hand that I have to desperately pimp old junk* on eBay and irritate online communities to scrap together a living.

*I don't consider old video games junk, but this @$$#0!& apparently does.

man, pimpin in the wrong forum, and his thundarr ass doesnt even have tomarc for sale. what a little bitch.

Personally, I don't even care that much if people hawk their wares in the wrong forum if they're actually an active member of the community. What I can't stand is this kind of thing where someone comes in and signs up for an account JUST so they can post messages about selling stuff. Look at his sign-up date: YESTERDAY, and he's made 4 posts... all about selling stuff (and 3 of those 4 are Fairchild, not even Atari)!

Oh well... his account will be disabled soon...

My 2 cents:

There should be only one forum to post an advertisement about your auction. People post in Marketplace and here, but I think the ads should be confined to Marketplace. This forum should be discussion about eBay and not spam-0-rama. Or you could have marketplace for non-auction stuff only and post eBay ads here. In any case, there should not be multiple posts for the same junk in different forums.

(removing soapbox)

I'm just as irritated by this kind of idiocy as the next guy. But thoughts like this:

people who ONLY join the forums to post about their eBay auctions should get kicked out.

...are dangerous. Then, perhaps we should kick off folks who never post and just lurk, as they are obviously not a contributing member of the board. Then let's kick off anyone who posts anything about Colecovision, Intellivision, or Vectrex. This is an *Atari* board, right?

See, once you start setting rules as to who should and shoudn't be allowed here, it gets sticky. Who knows, there may have been someone looking for a Fairchild on AA.

Kick off those folks who are rude and disruptive and leave it at that. ;)

I see your point, Snider-man, and I'm always for giving people the benefit of the doubt, but I think in cases like this it's fairly cut-and-dried.

If this guy never posts again, it won't matter anyway. If he comes back and just posts more obvious "spam" pushing his eBay auctions (especially in the wrong forums), then he obviously isn't interested in contributing to the community and has no place here.

The Als have kicked off people in the past for obvious abuses of the system, and that's all I'm really suggesting here.

there are also those that whine and moan about everything they can think of and never offer anything productive on any forum unless it is something they bring up or something they agree with. :roll: . Hell if he just signed up he probably wasn't aware of the correct forums and he gets a big hello and welcome and by they was get you A** out of here. Not the signs of a nice community forum in my opinion :?

Before anyone gets bent out of shape, this isn't an attack on anyone that has posted to this thread just an observation of most forums in general.

I was working on a FAQ a few months back on the proper use of the forums and whatnot (search in the Off-Topic section for it), but, as with everything else I do, it went by the wayside.

Anyway, I should revisit this project, as it spells all this out.

. Hell if he just signed up he probably wasn't aware of the correct forums and he gets a big hello and welcome and by they was get you A** out of here. Not the signs of a nice community forum in my opinion :?

At the time, this guy put up the same thing in Classic Gaming Central, Atari 2600. Ebay AND the Marketplace forum about the EXACT same auctions. He knew exactly what he was doing and it wasn't an honest mistake. Check his post history.

This guys definetely seems like a spammer due to his post history.

Perhaps there should be a screen upon sign up that suggests nicely where to post certain topics? I know I made a mistake on my first post and started a thread about trading a 5200 in the regular 5200 forum when it belonged in Marketplace.

Hell if he just signed up he probably wasn't aware of the correct forums and he gets a big hello and welcome and by they was get you A** out of here. Not the signs of a nice community forum in my opinion :?

If you actually look at the guy's posts (which are ONLY about selling stuff on eBay, and mostly not even about selling ATARI stuff on eBay), though, and then go to his eBay auctions and see he's selling 10 million things on there, it looks suspiciously like he just came here to advertise his video game auctions.

But I'll give him the benefit of the doubt as always. Thundarr, if you're still here and care AT ALL about classic video games, please let us know! I will gladly welcome you into the community and apologize for everything I have said.

First you guys bitch that this is posted in the 2600 forum, I move it to the eBay forum and now you bitch it should be in the marketplace forum.  :roll:  

Can't make everyone happy, I guess.

It's never really been clear whether the marketplace excludes or includes eBay auctions, or if the eBay forum is for POSTING auctions or DISCUSSING auctions. Therefore I hate to admit but if I have something to sell I post to both since I never quite know where to go.

Yea thats been discussed several times and Al has said either or both is fine for posting auctions at. I have posted my auctions several times on both this and the marketplace forum. I don't consider doing it pimping my auctions as I don't chime in with pac mans , missle commands and such but on occasion do post the five rarities and aboves that I have available. I read the board regularly but don't post a whole lot except when I have some goodies I think some of you may be looking for and for the life of me can't figure out why it offends so many when someone post something like thunder did. Heck he has created more posts than most topics on here right know . I guess I just come from the look at it and if you don't like the subject just move on. If everyone did that than it would quickly move down the line and off the page. I would however have a problem if someone continued to post several times using different threads with the same or multiple auctions. I would agree to boot those types of occurances. Anyways back to the top with this thread ;)

I still have no idea what forum any post I'm reading here is coming from.. they're all the same! Seriously.. there are so many damn forums.. do you guys go to each one individually?? That's just nuts! :?

Thank god "View posts since last visit" function lists all posts by chronological order despite what forum they're in. :)

Thank god "View posts since last visit" function lists all posts by chronological order despite what forum they're in. :)

AMEN :) thats the only thing i ever use here, unless i hit refresh and accidently close AA just after :) then i have to go into each forum that has had a recent post :D

i dont think people mind if things are listed in 2 different forums, i think i remember seeing 4 by this guy in different forums and i think thats what people are bitchin about ;)