IGNORED

Which cart am I?

bomberpunk

:) Great!

OK, I'm trying to wake up here and get some clues together. I get a little tired, thanks to these sultry evenings we've been having. I know it's cooler in the morning, of course; some people seem so obsessed with getting up early just to see the sun rise, but I doubt I'll ever be one of them!

(Still, I'd gladly swap a grey day, like what we're having right now, for the yellow light of the sun. I'm happy when life's good, you know?)

So I've tried to find the key to fifty of these puzzles, at least, but I can't pretend there's any meaning to most of them -- including my own! -- or in the things I'm saying now. Still, every puzzle has its special charm.

Anyway, enough about me. Who will be able to solve this next one? Maybe someone can, though I can't foresee who's next to step up to the plate. Still, it's not even a very good puzzle, and I suppose I like this least of all the stuff I've done. But I've got it all here in my head, so away we go:

...oh, wait. I don't know how or why, but I've already given you all the clues! I guess nothing more needs to be said.

Yes indeed! :) Wow, that was quick. Do you want to detail the solution, or shall I?

I'm a Who fan, so the clues jumped out at me. I saw that you were quoting from The Seeker, so I thought it would be a "hide 'n' seek" game. When it wasn't that, I searched for a game with a "seeker" in it.

• Like 1

I'm a Who fan, so the clues jumped out at me. I saw that you were quoting from The Seeker, so I thought it would be a "hide 'n' seek" game. When it wasn't that, I searched for a game with a "seeker" in it.

Ha, that connection (with Sneak 'n' Peek) didn't occur to me.

Yeah, my entire post is woven with lyrics by The Who. In addition to the lyrics from "The Seeker", the other two songs were "Blue, Red, and Grey" -- though as I suggested, one might replace "grey" with "yellow" -- and "Gettin' In Tune". The first refers to the game's characteristic color scheme, and the second refers to the unexpectedly in-tune rendition of the Star Wars music with which the game begins.

Oh, and:

"Who will be able to solve this next one? Maybe someone can, though I can't foresee who's next to step up to the plate."

:D

Centipede

"C" = centi = 100 in Latin.

3 clues each number adds up to a "hundreds" total: 322, 574, 182 = combined total = 1078 swapped around you get 7801 = First Atari brand game on the 7800 console was Centipede.

I tried this with Millipede too, but it doesn't work because it wasn't released on all 3 consoles(only 2600 and a proto for 5200)

• Like 1

Centipede

"C" = centi = 100 in Latin.

3 clues each number adds up to a "hundreds" total: 322, 574, 182 = combined total = 1078 swapped around you get 7801 = First Atari brand game on the 7800 console was Centipede.

I tried this with Millipede too, but it doesn't work because it wasn't released on all 3 consoles(only 2600 and a proto for 5200)

I went the down the same road, but I could not figure out what the 1st 7800 game was. Searched here, Yahoo, Google, but could not find the answer.

Gyruss

The planets you travel between in our solar system have Roman names: Neptune, Uranus, etc...

Johann Sebastian Bach's Toccata and Fugue in D Minor is in the game. Bach lived in the 1700's but I am going around in circles as I can't seem to find the right year for when he wrote the tune.

Not Tax Avoiders - it's already been used.

If you've been playing along for awhile, that will help you solve this one.

The solution to the clues is at the very heart of the game. Of course that doesn't help much if you haven't looked up the right one.

But still, it's not like you have to solve the ultimate question to life, the universe and everything.

Edited by Nathan Strum

Blackjack?

EDIT: I don't know if it fits in with Blackjack, but all three numbers follow an interesting pattern:

prime factors of 322 = 2 x 7 x 23

prime factors of 574 = 2 x 7 x 41

prime factors of 182 = 2 x 7 x 13

And 42 is 2 x 3 x 7. So every clue here seems to involve 2 x 7 and a prime. 14 and a prime...hmmm...it'd be perfect if it were 21 and a prime.

Juno First ? :D

Juno is the Roman goddess of marriage and counterpart to the Greek Hera.

First- as the goldenband suggested Prime numbers, would make sense. I also saw some prime numbers in my math, but couldn't make sense of it until now.