IGNORED

Intellivision: The 125 Club

Rev

This is what the current qualifications are:

* Platinum Members - All 125 Officially released games BOXED.

* Gold Members - All 125 Officially released games BOXED/LOOSE.

* Silver Members - 124 officially released games, only missing SPIKER. BOXED/LOOSE.

How do you guys this i should change/re-word it?

Maybe platinum could be 125 either boxed but spiker could be either boxed or loose and the box is reissue or original(is this the only game that was released in a bag?)

Maybe gold could be 125 and ANY game boxed or loose

Maybe silver could be 124 (minus spiker) boxed or loose

And anyone else who wishes can submit their pics to the collection section and then become a member later?

Let me what you guys think.

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

Platinum should be Spiker boxed only. Yes there are baggy releases, but there are box releases too and so the highest rank should stay reserved for the boxed Spiker, not the baggy one.

Whats about bronce rank? 124 BOXED is silver, 124 boxed or loose is bronce.

Edited by Ignorama

But given that the baggie releases are rarer and certainly an official release they should count toward Platinum. It would be like saying that when Groovy releases his carts that it is impossible to get a complete collection CiB of homebrews. If that's how its released then its complete.

@ STC

Question: If Groovy would release his games with a box and just a small number without a box but in a plastic bag, with variation would you take? Rhetorical question, because you would take the box for sure ;) Baggy is just a workaround if you are out of boxes or broken (in case of INTV Corp both may fit). If you want you can modify all CiB Spikers to baggy releases, just use a same sized bag and its done. Try to change your baggy Spiker in a CiB one, if you have success I may change my mind to that topic :)

Please dont forget, there is no official Intellivision bag, its just a transparent piece of plastic and its completely impossible to avoid "repro bags", which is quite a huge difference to repro boxes.

@ STC

Question: If Groovy would release his games with a box and just a small number without a box but in a plastic bag, with variation would you take? Rhetorical question, because you would take the box for sure ;) Baggy is just a workaround if you are out of boxes or broken (in case of INTV Corp both may fit). If you want you can modify all CiB Spikers to baggy releases, just use a same sized bag and its done. Try to change your baggy Spiker in a CiB one, if you have success I may change my mind to that topic :)

Please dont forget, there is no official Intellivision bag, its just a transparent piece of plastic and its completely impossible to avoid "repro bags", which is quite a huge difference to repro boxes.

true, I suppose. But one can usually tell the age of the materials, and the baggie versions seem to have a different label. Of course, labels can be faked, too. Now all of these things could be faked, and for the price of a Spiker, one could probably turn a profit in high quality fakes.

How do you guys think about repro boxes? Does a collection which contains repro boxes qualify to be platinum? I would say definitely no, because its not really boxed.

Nope. You must feel the pain of having to acquire the real CIB versions to be part of the platinum band of idiots....errr I mean great collectors. :)

• Like 3