IGNORED

Colecovision displaying wavy lines on TV

Atari2008

Hey everyone,

I just got a Colecovision off eBay (woo hoo!) and it works except that the image it displays on both of my LCD TV's is pretty bad. I get all these wavy lines across the screen. You can see the games and make out all the graphics but the wavy lines sort of come and go and vary in intensity, at some points they can get distracting. It looks like interference but I'm not sure what's causing this. I hook up my other classic consoles to the LCD's and they all give off decent images. I even tried running the CV through a VCR and I still get the same wavy images. Could it be the RF cable? My system didn't come with one so I'm using this from Radio Shack: http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2103846

Could it be that the CV doesn't like that RF cable? I'm not sure if consoles are picky about what RF cable you use.

Thanks for your help!

It's an awesome system by the way! :grin:

I have no soldering experience so my only option for an AV mod would be to send it to Yurkie. ;-)

Could it be the RF cable? Is the Colecovision picky? Do I need a Colecovision specific RF cable? I even connected it to the VCR which improves the image quality of my other systems but that didn't help.