IGNORED

I will NEVER buy a graded game.

Dryfter

Grading services are the most bogus things in all of collecting. They artificially inflate prices of things by putting a "grade" on something...which is meaningless to the average person's eye.

Look at a MS69 coin and a MS70 and tell me the difference...

I am seeing graded games pop up on ebay more frequently now. It's such a freakin' crock...

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2710308027521?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=271030802752&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

I can not believe this game has a bid on it just because it's graded.

just my 2 cents.

Grading services are the most bogus things in all of collecting. They artificially inflate prices of things by putting a "grade" on something...which is meaningless to the average person's eye.

Look at a MS69 coin and a MS70 and tell me the difference...

I am seeing graded games pop up on ebay more frequently now. It's such a freakin' crock...

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2710308027521?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=271030802752&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

I can not believe this game has a bid on it just because it's graded.

just my 2 cents.

I saw that. But someone will get con the bid is for the heman "mint" not the lot. The lot was if you used the buy me now option.

I agree as well. I would also almost extend it to factory sealed games as well. I will always take a very mint opened game over a sealed game. Why?

1. Sealed games are an unknown - are the overlays/manual bent inside?

2. Is the box crushed? Kinda defeats the purpose of having a sealed game IMO (unless you're set on a minty cartridge)

3. Price - I would rather spend the extra money on more games. 200-300% markup is too much for me for sealed games.

4. I have had sealed games that got dust and/or humidity in between the plastic and the box, which completely ruin the box. Even without moisture/dust, the plastic can rub on the front of the box or stick to it and pull the picture off.

As far as graded games (or sealed games), they're only good if you plan on selling them unopened for a potential profit. Just my opinion.

Well he changed auction when it was first listed it sayed you would get the heman and a console and many other stuff if you used the buy me now. and he had other pictures. now this guy placed a bid and the other pics are gone and so are the the written text. i wonder of the bidder saw his hidden fine print that all the other stuff he initially promised was with the buy me only option. i payed a premium for some games and saw this auction in the past but my gut told me to skip this one.

I like buying factory sealed games so that when I open the box, I get a whiff of nostalgia from the specific blend of toxic vapors that were sealed away in the factory 30+ years ago. Every manufacturer's products have a different smell when first busting into the box.

Now if there was a method of grading the quality of toxic fumes remaining in the sealed box, I would be all for it... but the rest of this grading crap is a scam.

• Like 1

These graded games have been all over the NES scene for a while now. I don't know who buys them (I'm thinking no one) because they list them over a grand all the time. I have friends that collect coin and cards and they are ok with the rating system, but more than anything they also abuse it. They will get a card in really good shape, spend the small amount needed to have it graded on the chance that it comes back graded well, and sell it higher because it is graded. Clearly someone out there cares a lot for graded items. Thankfully it looks like the games have to be sealed to get graded like this and I don't buy sealed games anyway.

So who wants to burn $189, then complain really loudly that what you got didn't match the picture (missing graded game), and claim eBay rule required seller to include all items as pictured.

A waste of time I realize but if someone do it, then it'd give the seller a wake up call not to include picture of item that are NOT in auction. After all, some buyers do not read description and the bidding detail is always omn top so it'd be easy to bid or buy out without noticing the description mentions graded game is not included.

I run into this problem a lot at flea markets actually. Came across some guy selling a boxed Super Mario Bros. 2. Nothing special. Asked about the price and he said $400. Keep in mind that it was just a plain old Mario 2. Not sealed. Pretty "Meh" condition. The guy looked at me and said "Peoples gettin dem thangs graded now! I reckon they're all worth a lot of money!" While collecting is about money sometimes, its more about the games for me. I don't like it when games are treated like currency. That's kinda what I see with all of this stuff being graded.

I run into this problem a lot at flea markets actually. Came across some guy selling a boxed Super Mario Bros. 2. Nothing special. Asked about the price and he said $400. Keep in mind that it was just a plain old Mario 2. Not sealed. Pretty "Meh" condition. The guy looked at me and said "Peoples gettin dem thangs graded now! I reckon they're all worth a lot of money!" While collecting is about money sometimes, its more about the games for me. I don't like it when games are treated like currency. That's kinda what I see with all of this stuff being graded.

I'm not a lawyer, but I'm pretty sure you were within your legal rights to kick him in the nuts for saying that. The law may be different in the US versus Canada but I'm almost certain we're allowed to do that up here, or at least that's the assumption I've been operating under.

• Like 2

I'm not a lawyer, but I'm pretty sure you were within your legal rights to kick him in the nuts for saying that. The law may be different in the US versus Canada but I'm almost certain we're allowed to do that up here, or at least that's the assumption I've been operating under.

Gotta love Canada. Hope immigration approves my visa.

• Like 1

Here is his other auction, read the description. This guy is a douche.

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2710337404071?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=271033740407&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Holy cow. That's pretty bad. I never buy from somebody that has to do some smoke & mirrors show to sell you on something. He's obviously trying to con somebody into paying way too much money for his lot. The equivalent of a used car salesman.

As for the grading of games, it was inevitable. The more popular your hobby becomes, the more likely some assclown will come along and invent a way to make it not fun anymore.

I have been seeing this bait and switch thing a lot with MVS carts lately. You will see one picture with 3 games in it used for 3 different auctions. Each game being sold in it's own auction. So if you don't take the time to read the 1000 word description of the lot, displayed in 9 different colors and 14 font sizes and styles you will never know you are only getting the copy of Fatal Fury, not that CVS Chaos game on top of it. So you bid big and get a $15 game and a big laugh out of the seller. eBay really should do something about that.

The flea markets in my area have the same issue with pricing. "I saw one of these on eBay for $250". They don't take the time to see that it was a BIN and no one was buying that thing. Even better, there was one at $250, and 45 at $2.50 and he went with the larger number because it worked better for him.

Wait no one here got his auction? Whats up with that? well here is the douches relisting. He even dropped the price for you a bit. Good Luck and happy bidding. :)

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2710354674671?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=271035467467&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

You know as for grading, if you have some one grade it and then not mess with the item and store it for year or so and ask the same person to grade it again with out reviewing their previous notes they get a different number. grading is stupid. The same people will give you different answers each time. But I guess we need to have "experts" in every field.

I like buying factory sealed games so that when I open the box, I get a whiff of nostalgia from the specific blend of toxic vapors that were sealed away in the factory 30+ years ago. Every manufacturer's products have a different smell when first busting into the box.

Speaking of which: When I bought that lot of RF modulators, I had a similar experience opening the first bag. (They're on static dissipative plastic trays inside an airtight bag.) It smelled like 1000 Intellivisions that had been on all night. Amazing.

• Like 1

Speaking of which: When I bought that lot of RF modulators, I had a similar experience opening the first bag. (They're on static dissipative plastic trays inside an airtight bag.) It smelled like 1000 Intellivisions that had been on all night. Amazing.

LOL! I forgot you got these. I'd like to grab a few of these too.

But I guess we need to have "experts" in every field.

We do...and most of them post on this board on a daily basis. :)

Im talking about the people that do the grading. you can take your best looking game to have it graded and the person doing the grading may not even know your product. They will look up the product, look up rarity, look at box etc etc and say hmm this looks like it can be graded this. But if youmhave that same person grade the same item with out reviewing their notes a year later and having them grade it on the spot they may come up with adifferent answer.