IGNORED

Repurposed "commons"

Have any of you ever used your extra common games for some purpose other than playing/collecting?

I was thinking of using the instruction booklets, overlays and boxes of games (like LV Poker & Blackjack) and making a glass top coffee table with them all arranged artistically under the glass.

I know it's probably a sin to destroy these for the purpose of art, but there are a bazillion copies of some games and how cool would it be to have something like that?

Have any of you ever used your extra common games for some purpose other than playing/collecting?

I was thinking of using the instruction booklets, overlays and boxes of games (like LV Poker & Blackjack) and making a glass top coffee table with them all arranged artistically under the glass.

I know it's probably a sin to destroy these for the purpose of art, but there are a bazillion copies of some games and how cool would it be to have something like that?

Its not a sin if yoour artworks shows its intellivision. Post some pics when your done.

Funny ... I've considered doing something similar, like trying to decorate a wall in my game area with box covers. I'd say go for it and as to whether or not it's sin ... I don't see the Intellivision police knocking on the door!

Make one and post the pics! I'd like to see how it comes out.

Funny ... I've considered doing something similar, like trying to decorate a wall in my game area with box covers. I'd say go for it and as to whether or not it's sin ... I don't see the Intellivision police knocking on the door!

Make one and post the pics! I'd like to see how it comes out.

Been thinking of doing artwork with some of my extras, too.

If you want to sacrifice a common cart (for art or for other purposes), you might consider choosing the slow-steering ROM variant of Armor Battle. Unlike Las Vegas Poker & Blackjack -- which is actually a pretty good game -- the slow-steering variant has, to quote Randy Newman, "no reason to live" since it's so much less fun than the fast-steering variant.

I've often thought that version of Armor Battle is the ideal donor cart for homebrews, but now that we have a new cart shell design it's less of an issue.

If you want to sacrifice a common cart (for art or for other purposes), you might consider choosing the slow-steering ROM variant of Armor Battle. Unlike Las Vegas Poker & Blackjack -- which is actually a pretty good game -- the slow-steering variant has, to quote Randy Newman, "no reason to live" since it's so much less fun than the fast-steering variant.

I've often thought that version of Armor Battle is the ideal donor cart for homebrews, but now that we have a new cart shell design it's less of an issue.

New cart shell designs?

New cart shell designs?

For homebrews. Have you seen the one D2K and Christmas Carol come in? It looks awesome. Also, the "Special Edition" of Christmas Carol has it in clear plastic, letting the ROM board shine through. :)

-dZ.