IGNORED

NES Toploader with no picture or sound!

mtshark7

akaviolence: Thanks for all the advice!

I did solder an rca jack to where the audio comes out and I do get audio from the unit.

Also I am 99.9% positive the RF adapter is broke, cos the port itself is all worn and rusted.

I also noticed that when the tv is on channel 3 and the console is on channel 3 the screen is completely black...when I just change the channel on the console to 4 it stays black rather than going scrambled from having a different channel.

Yet when my tv is on channel 4 and the console is on channel 4 the screen is again completely black...but this time when I change the console to channel 3 the screen becomes scrambled like normal.

So right now I ordered the parts I need from moser electronics to make the video circuit and see what happens...also I figured if it still doesn't work then I could re-use the circuit or just sell it...so it's not a total loss.

So I ended up getting somewhat of a picture using akaviolence technique so I went and done the av mod and it works perfectly!

Thanks all for the advice and helping me through this.

Soo I assume the rf module in the system must of went bad?

Main thing is it works :)

post-29663-0-21670700-1346764892_thumb.jpg

post-29663-0-89404800-1346764964_thumb.jpg

post-29663-0-91133000-1346765020_thumb.jpg

post-29663-0-09904500-1346765068_thumb.jpg

Yea does that happen often?

Also for the LED mod do you take the 5V from the PPU?

I was gonna do the 'mono' stereo mod, but ended up just doing a mono a/v mod like the front loading NES. Mainly cos 1: I was too lazy to go back to radio shack to buy a A/V Jack and 2: I didn't have a dremel to cut away from the heat sink for the other port to fit.

Now I wish I had a modded Top loading NES lol...luckly my front loader works just as well as a top loader so I'm not too much in dire need of a modded top loader.