IGNORED

HELP!!! bought 22 carts!!! nothing happens!!!

Locry

i stumbled upon 22 atari 2600 carts, for roughly 40 cents each. they're in very good condition externally. anyway, i dug up my old atari jr to try out the carts, none of them seem to be working. i think the problem is with my console...

note: i did the a/v modification with the stella chip... since the old rf unit also didn't work...

1) when i turn it on without a cart, there's a black screen--- i guess that's normal...

2)when i insert certain cartridges i get colored screen with some scattered colored squares... other times i get a diagonally scrolling screen...

3)WHEN i plug in the paddle controller... the carts that have scrolling screens become stationary screens with certain elements of the game graphics... what's up with that?

and how can you tell if my console/tapes are PAL/NTSC?

and which combos work?

HELP!!!! i wanna try out my ATARI!!!! tnx

I hate to tell you but the console is defective. It's almost impossible to get 22 defective carts in a row, they just don't fail often :(

Open it up, measure the power supply, check your AV mod, re-seat the chips if socketed, check the clock if you have a scope.

Good luck!

Jerry

300 ma may not be enough.....VERY borderline. Make certain you get an adaptor that has 500 ma minimum AND don't forget to get the polarity correct if your using a non Atari adaptor.

As for the clock and stuff don't worry about it, you need a scope and some electronics background to check it so let's skip it.

Good luck,

Jerry