IGNORED

RIP PSYGNOSIS

macgoo

Well, that's odd. I played Sonic on the Sega Genesis, and while SOTB on the ST is nowhere near

that breakneck speed, most people who I let play SOTB always complained about dying because

the enemies came at them too fast to react (traps too). Of course, if you played it enough, you

adapted.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I'm relatively new to the ST but I don't think SotB is slow...

I do think the PC Engine CD version of the game is the best version I've tried. :)

I really think anything other than the Amiga version is a step down, after all the game was designed around the limitations of Agnus/Paula/Daphne and for this reason the Amiga version is king amongst all :)

Personally I LOVE SotB, people moan about the gameplay but it is no worse than games like Rastan in the arcades and yet has such beautiful music and graphics on Amiga on top of the standard arcade gameplay :)

I know Psygnosis only from the Amiga/ST games. I wonder if there were any people from the Amiga/ST era still at Psygnosis after 2000?

I do think the PC Engine CD version of the game is the best version I've tried. :)

I like the Lynx version of SotB. In parts it is quite different that the Amiga/ST version but I think it gave the game more depth.

Robert

• 3 months later...