IGNORED

HSC9 Round 14: Discussion

Next up for play will be L.A.Olympics 1984 (listed as Track and Field) plus any other sports type games that might be fun to play...

(Not Summer Games or Decathlon this time).

I'm thinking of a 3-4 week round with an international medals table for a bit of fun.

Suggestions here folks :)

hmm, Winter Olympiad 88 (aka Winter Challenge 88)? Maybe leader board also?

We'll stick to Summer Olympics for now - perhaps we will do a Winter Sports round later in the year :D

No golf, it takes too long to play.

And i don't think Fight Night keeps score.

Agreed re the Golf - we played Leaderboard in the Team Round last season

Bop n W is 130XE only and not sure how great a game it was?

Keep the ideas coming folks perhaps some definates and some optional games - if there are any that are really good / fun do say :)

Another vote for Atari Basketball and One On One.

One or the other - please take a look and see which you think would be best :)

Hardball? Can't remember whether it was any good or not, and yes I know Baseball isn't in the olympics any more!

I'm sure it's good but I could never figure it out!...

Perhaps players will do a bit of testing of the games to see if they are suitable :thumbsup:

I'll extend the current round until WEDS 10pm to give me some time to sort this HSC Olympics out and for you all to get some suggestons in ;)

Edited by therealbountybob

For basketball I would prefer one on one. I'll throw in another vote for Milk Race also...

Additonally we could add a martial arts aspect with Karateka or Chop Suey (my preference)

And to give it a British flavour we could add 180! as a bonus game (Darts)

Another vote for Atari Basketball and One On One.

One or the other - please take a look and see which you think would be best :)

Hardball? Can't remember whether it was any good or not, and yes I know Baseball isn't in the olympics any more!

I'm sure it's good but I could never figure it out!...

Perhaps players will do a bit of testing of the games to see if they are suitable :thumbsup:

I'll extend the current round until WEDS 10pm to give me some time to sort this HSC Olympics out and for you all to get some suggestons in ;)

I'll go with One on One

So that's two one on ones :D "and then..."

Might have to throw in Equestrian as it's a pretty good game... might be fun trying some of those BASIC games Champions_2002 listed... Darts is in - there are several excellent versions but 180 is fun... I'm sure the Brazilians will include Darts ;)

Gamma Hockey is good (Soccer not so and we just did footy a while ago... unless that other 5200? one rr suggested)... Perhaps make this a 4 week round ?

Karateka is great but too hard (and no score), Chop Suey is fun but too easy (eventually) so I'm thinking World Karate Judo(!) Championship would be best ;)

CHOP SUEY!!!

If we are doing a multiple game round, we don't want to have a bunch of superhard games ;-)

ok! I'll set a max score or something - think I rolled the scoreboard and retired on this one! WKS can go for a future Martial Arts round.

I'm thinking of having LA Olympics as the main HSC game - individual play with standard scoring, then an International Team based Olympics with the various other games. Now we seem to have lost a lot of American players :( and as Poland have Scalak and Caco and GB have McKong and trbb (whoever he is) Will you head a US / rest of world team or would you prefer to be in GB?

Will you head a US / rest of world team or would you prefer to be in GB?

Oooooo, that's a tough question... During the actual Olympics I was rooting for Team GB, but if we really need a Team US player instead I can do that (McKong and TRBB can pay me off to nobble the results)

• Like 1

Will you head a US / rest of world team or would you prefer to be in GB?

Oooooo, that's a tough question... During the actual Olympics I was rooting for Team GB, but if we really need a Team US player instead I can do that (McKong and TRBB can pay me off to nobble the results)

If you have time can you checkout (boy am I good) 180 and see if it has some record of how well you did,,, if not Jockey Wilson Darts Compendium or Blue Ribband or Atari darts... need something that keeps stats/has number of darts thrown or has opponents / progress that we can compete on :)

Can anyone work out how to play Surf's Up- looks good but can't work out how to do even a couple of waves :(

Are there any Polish/Czech sports games out there?

p.s. I'm working on the the Disk Images here in HSC HQ ;)

If I remember, 180! is regular 501 matchplay. each time you win a round you move on to the next player, so I guess we could score based on what players you beat (there are 8 total)

[edit]

that wont work as the opponents are random let me pull it up tonight and see if it keeps track of how many opponents you have beat.

Edited by orpheuswaking

Thanks orph :thumbsup:

I'm going to go for LA 1984 Olympics as the main game standard HSC scoring &

The "HSC Olympics" will be various games with International Teams. Fixed scoring for each game converted to Gold/Silver/Bronze (plus 1 individual HSC point for the winner of each game)

Scalak/McKong/Orph - just need to have some agreement as to how many points are on offer here. How about:

The Winning Team - 12pts each member

The runners up - 8pts each member

The third place Team - 4pts each member

:)

p.s. rr going to include the 5200 soccer you talked about when we did the Hi-Scoro's - what level is best to play on (not that one where you won 50-0 :D ) ?

p.p.s I see you Mr.Case - hope you're in training ;)

The "HSC Olympics" will be various games with International Teams. Fixed scoring for each game converted to Gold/Silver/Bronze (plus 1 individual HSC point for the winner of each game)

Scalak/McKong/Orph - just need to have some agreement as to how many points are on offer here. How about:

p.s. rr going to include the 5200 soccer you talked about when we did the Hi-Scoro's - what level is best to play on (not that one where you won 50-0 :D ) ?

Hey, you remember that. It was more like 14-0 or something :)

I always play 5200 soccer on beginner, i like to win. :)

I have to take a look at the other skill levels.

Edited by roadrunner

Hey, you remember that. I was more like 14-0 or something :)

Those points seem fair. How many teams can we make up?

Hey, you remember that. I was more like 14-0 or something :)

Those points seem fair. How many teams can we make up?

really depends whether we have enough American's taking part and if other people want to represent there country even if they only have 1 or 2 players, or join forces.... we'll possibly have a Team Germany; if the abbuc guys/Munich HSC play they could be serious contenders :-o We'll say 4pts per big team so if 4 teams the first place will get 16pts... etc if there are some smaller teams then we'll have 3pts and 2pts and 1pt etc.

Been listening to new Slash album (not as good as the first one but still good!), just blasted out Heaven & Hell and now a bit of Dire Straits to chill as I get this HSC round started :)