IGNORED

Need a Tile Map Editor

José Pereira

Hi.

Need a Tile Editor but not CharPad as it only suports 4x4 chars tiles and I need my tiles in 1(Horiz.)x2(vert.) chars tile size.

Just need the Editor to have at least the Tiles number and then their positions on the map (like the '.txt' we get in CharPad).

Thanks.

Edited by José Pereira

Problem with that ones would probably be that I can't probably get the chars bit-pairs.

But there's always a solution.

Build the chars in G2F with the same sequence as in the P.C. Map Editor.

Because more than 128chars and G2F it can be something like charset0 (chars 0->127) and charset2 (char 128->255).

My map have 199 tiles (1x2 chars size) and more than 128chars A8 charset as the game will be in Bitmap GR.15 the charset limit doesn't exist.

Only seems to be beter less than 256chars/Tiles for programming reasons (and it has 199 so no problem).

• 10 months later...

Sorry to necrobump here ...

Was looking at this thread and was wondering ... are there any tile editors for windows which can take a tiled map, and export a data file which can then be correlated to a .SCR file with ATASCII values for each unique tile?

The idea is, I would be generating tile maps by using FAIL which can render FNT files as PNG ... which can then be imported into a PC tile editor.