IGNORED

Gamebase now supports the A8

carmel_andrews

Standard rules with Gamebases are that the folder name of the system gamebase ie Atari 800 MUST match the .mdb file inside it, one letter wrong and the GB won't be picked up.

Yes the pathing is a pain but only takes 1 minute to sort out, I'm lucky in that most gamebases tend to be made on peoples D: drive and inside the gamebase folder in the root so I rarely have to repath them.

Saying that, a quick enter into Tools and <gamebase name> Paths allows you to point all the places. The common naming is games, Music, Screenshots, extra's and photo's, rarely do I see Photo's used. Sometimes people will use roms instread of games and pictures instead of screens but its easy enough to work out.

Best thing after that is to go back to tools and verify the files, its handy to do this to see if you are missing stuff and to see if the gb maker has multiple paths for some things like extra's, Normally if that's the case when you are pathing stuff you should see multiple entries so just repath them to your drives place.

The emulators are NORMALLY setup for you bar the path of the emulator itself, all emulators need a script to run the game, it just sets up the various options and variables used by the GB. Again these are normally setup, if not you will see a script button in the emulator setup so just pick the script that matches that emulator.

The filetypes are simply what files the gamebase accepts for that emulator, if not set up then just enter the filetypes for that emulator such as .atr, if you have multiple types then put a ; between each one, you do not need to put .zip in...

Just a little set of shortcuts, gamebases that have multiple emulators can be set up to use what you think is the best emulator by default in GEMUS / manage emulators, basically rank them in order, to use a different emulator than the default one just right click on play game and choose a different one.

Fans of a game genre type are lucky because you can show only those types in one of two ways, say you are looking at Airstrike in the gamebase, you will see the genre type ie shoot em up Horizontal scrooling highlighted, just click on that to show all the types of that genre, the other way where you might not know the name instantly is to go to View / category window, click the spinner, go to genre and you will be given all the game types and just pick the one that interests you.

The same thing applies if you want to see games by a person or company etc etc..

If you want to see all games again then just go to the spinner above the game details and select all games.

Just hoping this helps out a little, if you are stuck I'm happy to help the best I can...

The best GB's are the ones where the maker has gone to the trouble to fill in all the fields and not just throw a set of games in and do a few screen shots and that's it, MArk who made the Atari one sat down and hand entered all the things like game genre, programmer, music by etc etc to make it very easy to find out all the bits you like to know.

And, you can add your own stuff...

Edited by Mclaneinc

Perhaps somebody will upload it to another site.

Rapidshare may be free, but they put a bunch of transmission delays in there for free users. You'll get a report that you're pulling in 200K per second and there's 10 minutes left. Then, it pauses. Then 20 minutes later, you have 5 minutes left....etc...etc...

Since some of the sites don't allow sharing anymore - but do allow file storage..... Could one create a bogus account at one of them - with a username and password that a select few (presumably a group with similar interests) and then just log in and share the files? What if more than one person tried to log into "Fileserve" (just for example) at the same time?

These file sharing sites have been dropping like flies, ever since Megaupload. Some have been shut down, some simply closed down, and other have disabled "sharing."

What is left, besides Rapidshare and Depositfiles - that actually let you share anymore?

I suppose a chain letter (in the old snail-mail sense) with a 20-cent DVD ROM will always work.

Mediafire are going strong, not long retention times but excellent speed..

Rapidshare are now only usable with a premium account for the reasons you said...Downloading via a free account is mind numbing AND prone to timeouts.

The idea re the shared password is good, I hope they don't check location logging on like Google do, somebody from Malaysia tried to log on as me and it stopped them (lots of instant password changing done)

They are on www.underground-gamer.com BUT you need an account, they are very busy and trim accounts every 24hrs but still a bugger to get on.

Also worth noting that if you go on and grab it and don't seed the equivalent download size (or more) then you could find your account closed.

Edited by Mclaneinc

Then i was lucky to download the Atari gamebase, just days before it was removed. I got it working, and i like it. Didnt play any game, only tested some....

Would you please upload somewhere the manuals? I couldn´t download all the files and there are many docs I´d like to get.

- Y -